Memphis - September 2011
We went to Memphis to visit our friends Whitney and Josh McAdams.
We actually went the same weekend as the BYU vs Ole Miss football game. It was pretty crowded because of the game. We actually saw some people we knew there who were BYU fans from Utah. Pretty small world.

Downtown Memphis
Beale Street
Me, Wyatt, Zach, Josh, Whitney, Millie, and baby Logan was sleeping in his car seat. I can't believe I didn't get a picture of him. He's such a little cutie pie!
We went to the Memphis Temple. It was beautiful!
The boys watched the football game while Whitney and I, and the kids of course, went to the Memphis Zoo. It was WAY nice!
The gorillas
I loved the way the made it look like the country where the animals live like China where the panda was. It was such a nice zoo.
I loved the panda!
The bear enclosure was pretty awesome with the waterfalls and all.
Nice booty Wyatt! It's the best we could get. The kiddos were done with the zoo at this point.Later that night we went to Carnival Food. They had any carnival food you can think of in there.
Our 2 fried twinkies. Yup FRIED TWINKIES!!! Crazy right?! It's a southern thing, so we had to try it.
It looks pretty disgusting, but it was actually really good...I hate to say it. Zach thought it was good, but said it was way to rich.These cupcakes were amazing. The place is called Muddies. It was featured in Rachel Ray's Magazine. Josh had a race one evening and he brought them home afterward for all of us. OOOOOH they were
good!!!!!
The next day we went to church with the McAdams and then drove around to sight see.
Driving down Elvis Presley Boulevard to head to Elvis's house.We didn't do the tour so this was as close as we could get.
The front of Elvis's home in Memphis.
You can see Elvis's house in the background.
Elvis's private plane called Lisa Marie.
Elvis's home is where he died as well...on the toilet. I was told that in high school by my anatamy/physiology teacher. But I don't think they really tell people that. Random, I know.
Millie and Wyatt had a good time hanging out in the back while we drove around to sight see.
It was so thick and green and there were long vines handing down all over the place. I loved it!
I loved driving through neighborhoods. It was so fun to see the big plantation style homes with their huge front yards.
I had to pick cotton in the cotton field. I just had to! Shhhhh, just don't tell anyone :)
We saw this Hawk in someone's backyard.
Beep Beep Millie! I'm coming to get you!
Josh was running around pushing Wyatt in his little car for a long time. Wyatt was LOVING it!
Zach pushing Wyatt in the awesome truck
It was quite the party in the McAdams neighbors backyard.
Wyatt had fun on Millie's trampoline.
We had such a good time visiting our friends and spending time in the south! Thanks guys!
4 comments:
i want to come next time....and pick some cotton too:) haha
looks super fun!
oh, that was fun! so glad you guys could make it out! that is so funny how mrs. abbott tells the same jokes to every class. some boy (from highschool) posted something on facebook about doing his "Kegels" while studying for the GRE and I asked if he was studing with Mrs. abbott, he replied that "yes, Mrs. abbott was his inspiration for the kegals" hahaha.
Oh boy...Mrs Abbott. I'll never forget about her telling us all to do our Kegels too. Ha Ha!
We sure had a fun time visiting you guys!!!! Now we'll have to come visit you in Arizona!
Post a Comment