The Youngs

The Youngs

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Thanksgiving in Indianna

This year for Thanksgiving we spent it with Zach's sister Jaimi and her husband Jeff and their 2 girls. We had such a great time! I loved it! It rained most of the time, but we braved the storm, piled the kids in the car and headed to the mall play land. They had a blast so did we...and someone thought we were sisters again...nope, sisters-in-law:)
Summer was such a good helper. She's growing up so much. I almost cried dropping her off at school with Jaimi. What am I going to do when it's Wyatt going to Kindergarten?!
Gracen is so stinkin cute! Wyatt and Gracen played together so well, which I'm very grateful for. Wyatt especially loved to watch her in pure amazement as she ran around him like a whirlwind...we watched in amazement as well :) Love that girl!
Wyatt drew this! It looks just like a T-Rex! I think maybe he really is afraid :(
Wyatt and Gracen enjoying some good meals together.
Finally! Hooray!!!! After 17 hours of cooking, we're done!!!! We cooked the night before and the day of. We made sure to thank our mothers for all the hard work they put into Thanksgiving meals for us. It's a TON of work! Jaimi did an amazing job and I got a lot of good tips from her as well. Thanks Jaimi! So...next year...lets go out to eat?!
I cooked my Grandma's sweet potato souffle, one of my favorite Thanksgiving dishes.
Meanwhile, the guys...we'll this is what they did the entire time :)
Jaimi is amazing. She's so crafty. She made these cute little turkeys.
And then she whipped up these adorable little hats in about 2 seconds. Wyatt wasn't diggin it though.
Of course we've got to get a crazy pic of Zach.
Relaxing after Thanksgiving dinner.
Wyatt has been so cuddley and lovey lately, it's the best. Love that smile.
Summer was my little buddy, she sure is a sweety. I especially loved when she brushed my hair for probably an hour...that's my favorite!
We watched a new movie every night, it was so great to chill.
The kids veggin' out, watching Toy Story 3, drinkin' their drinks :) We were trying to keep the kids quiet while the guys slept. They got up at 2:30 to get some Black Friday deals. We totally owed them for it!

The Zoo!
The kiddos

Group shot!

The rain forest was amazing!
I spy with my little eye, something that is red. Ha Ha, I wish I could have zoomed in more, but it's a cardinal. I've seen some amazing birds in the Midwest, a few cardinals and a blue jay.
These peacocks were so beautiful and they'd walk right up to you.
These crazy monkeys would jump at your face. Good thing the glass was there! Zach was egging them on by showing his teeth and they'd all jump at his face. They are cute but scary!

After the Zoo we went out to eat at a way good Mexican restaurant. They had a mariachi band that night too. Lucky us! They asked for request, one was La Cucaracha. Wyatt was dancing to it in his highchair while eating his chips. It was so cute. Even the waiters stopped to watch him dance. He LOVES music and LOVES to dance, it's so cute to me :)
The next day we went to the Temple in Louisville Kentucky, which was 2 hours away. It's still hard to get used to driving so far to get to a temple. (I forgot to get a pic) Jaimi and Jeff watched Wyatt for us. Thanks guys. Kentucky was cool. People have pretty thick accents there and almost all the houses are red brick 2-3 stories with white trim. It was cute, I liked it there!
We had such a good time it was hard to say goodbye.

I took some pics on our drive back home to Kansas:The Mississippi River.
The Gateway Arch in St. Louis Missouri. (Years ago I got to ride in it, that was way cool.) It always makes me think of Spiderman.

What a long ride home! 9 hours...Should have been 8, but Zach didn't get off on the exit we were supposed to and the next exit wasn't for another 30 miles or so, then we had to back track home...plus it was on a toll road...Good times! YEA! We can laugh about it now :)

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Fun trip! Your sweet potatoe souffle looks delicious!

Jaimi said...

We L-O-V-E loved having you guys here. Thank you so much for be willing to make the drive. The company was so wanted and so wonderful. Thank you so much for all of your help with dinner and the house. You were fantastic!I was so sad when you all left. I asked Jeff, "Is it ever going to get any easier?" Love you guys! Come back soon.

Forever Young said...

So glad you were able to be with family. I need to be better about posting more posts...i also wanted your address so i can send you guys a christmas card,you can email me at nicolywoly@yahoo.com =) thanks happy hoildays! love you guys

Brittany said...

Aw, it would have been fun to see you guys if his sister lived closer!