July 26-27, 2013
I came home from work and Zach told me there was a little kitty stuck under our cement porch that had been meowing all day long. He said he couldn't get it out. We figured the mother had delivered the kitties there, moved the litter and forgot about one. So we just hoped the mother would come back.
Then I walked outside to run a quick errand and heard the poor kitty meowing and meowing so loud. It was so sad it was killing me! I grew up with little kitties, so it just made me feel so sad to hear it crying. It was probably starving all day long. It was probably only a week or two old. I couldn't go.
So, I begged Zach to help the poor kitty. Even though he doesn't like cats. And he did.
He dug for at least 2 or 3 hours.
He had to make sure the dirt didn't cave in on the kitty. It was right below the center of the middle front step. So he had a lot of digging to do. It's so hot and humid in Kansas, especially in July, so he was drenched in sweat. How sweet is he!
We had a big crowd with all the neighbors wondering what was going on when he pulled out the kitty.
The kitty was so dirty and hungry. Poor thing.
I ran to the store to get kitty formula and a tiny kitty bottle. Zach and I took turns feeding the kitty every 3-4 hours in the night and making sure it was warm enough. We even had to help it go to the bathroom. Gross, I know. But we saved that poor kitty's life!
It was rough waking up in the night to nurse Colter, and then to get up and feed the Kitty. It was a LONG night.
Wyatt loved having it.
The kitty survived the night and the boys had fun with him the next day.
After a lot of work trying to find a place for it, we finally found someone in the neighborhood who took him. We visited him a couple times and as far as we know he's still doing well.
It was pretty neat for Wyatt to have his own kitty for a day. He cried and cried when the lady took the kitty though. He thought it was ours to keep. Poor boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment