The Youngs

The Youngs

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Updates



Last night Zach took me on a date to the John Schmidt concert at UVU. It was so good! He's an amazing pianist. This was my first time going to one of his concerts. Zach went last year for a class and loved it, so he really wanted me to go with him this year. John is so talented and very entertaining (as you can see from his crazy red haired wig) to watch as well. We bought his latest CD and had him autograph it. It's so good!
I posted a video clip from the concert of one of my favorite songs he played. It's a remix of Taylor Swifts song "Love Story". Love it! (Sorry it posted at the bottom)

This is me at 38 weeks, it was a about 2 weeks ago. I have been swelling this last month. My feet get indents in them from my socks and from sandals. I've had to wear a cheapo wedding ring because my fingers are so swollen and even that ring is getting too tight! I took pictures so I can remember how it was, no way am I posting that though :)
Look how huge that belly is. I swear I'll have a 10 pounder, and this babe loves it in my belly so much I don't think he wants to come out! I've been dilated at only a 1/2 cm for a month and things aren't progressing and my due date is in 2 days! This baby is not movin! The doctors think I'll probably have to be induced 7-10 days after my due date so that will probably be next weekend. It's alright though. We still have a lot to do to get ready for the little guy :) I'm super excited to have him come and a little nervous about it all as well. It's coming up quick though!

Go BYU! This is my little sister and brother Jenn and Nate. I've been into football more these last few years. I never cared to watch the games much before. I think Zach getting me into football more now, I actually like watching it!


We went to a baby blessing up in Logan on Sunday and the fall leaves were so beautiful I had to take a picture out my window. I just love fall!

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

Way to stay busy! I'm sure you're going crazy waiting for that baby. But I'm glad you're still enjoying your last little bit of baby free time! That concert looks really cool, I love stuff like that. Also, you look good those last few weeks can be hard, but you really look good! Good luck in the coming days!

Unknown said...

First babies, hmmm - all I can say is hang in there, they get easier. And the whole not progressing thing with your baby - well, mine are always the same everytime I get check from 36 weeks on. I seem to always be a 2 and 70%, but until they induce me, nothing.
I am excited for you guys though. I can't believe how many new babies there will be at the next family function (whenever that is). Good luck!

hailey said...

NOOOO! I wanted you to have the baby while we are up this weekend! Tell him to come out! You look so cute!

Steph said...

Oh, man! I'm sorry things aren't progressing too quickly. :( Those last few days DRAG! Good luck and keep us posted.

Lindsey said...

Oh my goodness, can't believe he's almost here!! I am so so excited for you!
And those pics of the fall leaves in Logan, make me miss that place so much! The colors in that canyon are amazing in the fall.
Good luck with upcoming week, can't wait to hear how everything goes :)

McGuire's said...

That song was great! Emma had her baby... you're next!!!

Whitney said...

I just keep checking to make sure there's no baby yet... well, maybe there is and you just haven't posted it yet... I think i'll text you.

Brittany said...

You look great! I got super swollen as well and had to buy a cheapo ring. And guess what? My wedding ring still does not fit! ;) It's driving me nuts. I lost 22 pounds within 2 weeks after giving birth and I'm pretty sure it was all water weight, but my ring still won't go all the way down my finger. I'm excited for you to have your baby boy! I can't wait to read all about it. :)