I went to my doctors appointment today and I'm still just 1/2 cm dilated and 75% effaced. So the doctor didn't give me an option and said "I'm going to strip your membranes now, and I'm not going to lie, this will really hurt, so take some deep breaths." Wow, did it ever! After he said "Now your more like a 1 cm." How am I going to have a baby when that hurt so bad!
He told me he wants me induced on Thursday, and Wednesday I have to go to the hospital to have some gel placed in my cervix in the afternoon and evening to help get my cervix softened up. Sounds pretty fun huh! :) The end is near! It could happen any day too with that membrane striping business. I'm a little freaked out, I'm going to have a baby!!!! WHOA! :)
4 comments:
Ouch! My sister had that done and let me tell you, she went into labor the next day, so who knows you might be having this little guy sooner than later...fingers crossed. I am excited we are going to have little ones together. At least they will be in the same grade. I just texted you, so you should have my phone number now. I am so excited for you!
Yay! Baby's almost here :) I remember Mandy got her membranes stripped on her due date and went in to labor that night! Oh Boy, he could come anytime!! Keep us posted :)
At least he told you it would hurt! My mom told me it wouldn't hurt when they broke my water, but I guess I'm just a wimp! I'm glad things should be coming along for you know. Good luck! :)
Yeah! So exciting! I was just telling my hubby today, I wonder if Rosy had her baby!??? Don't stress the pain... epidurals are FABULOUS too! It is the craziest and defintitely BEST day of your life! Can't wait for you!
Post a Comment