The Youngs

The Youngs

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Baby Wyatt Zachary is here!

This is between contractions right after we got admitted to the hospital at 8:00 am. Contractions started at 2:45 am and I tried to make sure I wouldn't get turned away at the hospital so we waited as long as I could take. We left once contractions were 2-3 minutes apart. My amniotic sac was slightly torn and had to be broken right when I got there. And I was dilated to a 4. (For all you mothers who know what all that means.)
This is right after my epidural. I'm just starting to feel good. Ahhhh. I have a lot of friends who had natural births so I thought maybe I'd try, but after 6 or 7 hours of labor with contractions, some even 2 minutes long, I just couldn't take it any more. Zach got me through all those hours of pain while we waited to go to the hospital. He put pressure on my tail bone and hips while I was in childs pose-a yoga pose (a great technique our friend showed us). I seriously couldn't have done it without Zach. He was amazing!
One happy dad.
I was in labor for just over 12 hours. He was born at 3:00 pm. I pushed for 1 1/2 hours, partly due to my OB, he had to do a C-section and that took him 45 minutes. So I just had to wait and push a while until he could come. Once he came in things went fast. I had had it with pushing though. I was saying "Lets get this baby out!" They let the epidural wear off for the 1 1/2 hours of pushing so I was feeling all the contractions and the pain when he came out. Poor guy had quite the cone head when he came out. (You'll see in the video below.)
Our first family picture.
My family. This is my parents first grandchild. They are super excited!
Zach's sister Jaimi was headed to Disneyland that morning, but they got off to a late start and as they were getting on the freeway Zach called and told her I'd just had the baby so they turned around so she could see him. Glad things got pushed back so you were able to be there Jaimi! :) Sorry Hailey, bad timing. If only he was born 1 day earlier! Dang!

His mug shot with all his stats. 8 lbs 9 oz. 19 inches long. What a chuncker! He looks like a little sumo wrestler!
Birthday Cake on his Birthday!

He loves skin on skin...and so do I.
Watching football with Daddy already.

His going home outfit at the hospital. It's football season, so of course he had to wear a football outfit. :)
Zach got me a gift what a sweetheart! I didn't know the husband is supposed to give a birthing gift for each child born. Props to Zach!
It's the one on the left, isn't that so nice of him. It was so sweet it made me cry, what a good hubby!

He's our little October baby! Our sweet little pumpkin.
I just love his little sweet face in this pic :) We just don't know who he looks like though. We think he's pretty cute, whoever he looks like.
Wyatt is such a little smiler. He smiles all the time when he sleeps and when he eats. It's so sweet.
Grandma and Grandpa with grandchild #13.
(Sorry these videos always get put at the end.)
Here's his little smile during his nap.

27 comments:

Thayerclan said...

So freaking cute!! Good job Roseanne and Zach, good job.

Hamblin Biking Bunch said...

He is such a cute little chunk, that's how I like 'em. Mine were all big boys and they were all sleeping through the night in just a few months so I hope you have the same luck.

Aim Aug said...

So sweet. Can't wait to meet him! Good job Roseanne! And Zach too. :)

Lindsey said...

So sweet!! It is so hard to tell who they look like at first, especially those first couple of days. But nonetheless, he is adorable :) Good work you two!

Bonnie said...

What a darling baby! He is a big one, they're so cute when they're chunky! Congratulations! What a cute family you guys are!

Megan said...

Congrats Rosie, I've been checking this often to get the baby update! Yeah for Wyatt, you and that baby did beautifully! Darling. Congrats again. I'll be getting in touch with you soon for a meet up in Utah when we move to Alpine!

Unknown said...

YAY!!!! He's very cute. Congrats

Courtney Haynie Smith said...

How in the world are you looking so HOT before and after having a baby! You look so cute! So excited for you and he is adorable!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations!! What a cute baby boy. You're gonna be such a great mom!

Shannon said...

yeah! He's here! He is such a beautiful baby... seriously... his little face is soooo cute!

April said...

What a cute baby! I can't wait to meet him. I'm so proud of you...that was quite the labor. Somehow we forget and end up doing it again.:) Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. We're just a couple doors down. Congrats you two! I'm so glad he is here. Welcome to the neighborhood baby Wyatt.- April

Maren said...

Congrats! What a handsome little fella...Good work mama!

Paul, Cammie Jo, and Raegan said...

Yeah!!!! Way to go, he is so stinkin cute! Enjoy every moment! Glad everything went smooth and he's here!

Brittany said...

Aw, congratulations! He's so precious. :) I have that same statuette of the mother, father, and baby. I love it!

Brian and Monica said...

Congrats guys! I have been checking your blog to see him. He his soo cute! I can't believe he's so big. You guys look great. If you ever get bored at 2 am just call me; that would be fun.... :) PS - How is Jill able to be the first to comment on everyone's blog??

Shelly said...

Horray! We have been waiting for this post :) What a handsome little dude. Way to go Roseanne, sounds like you were a trooper! Zach great job on the gift, that was so sweet. We loved being able to hear Zach on the last video, that was so funny! Can't wait to meet cute little Wyatt!

McGuire's said...

Yeah! I've been waiting for the story and more pictures. Good job Roseanne! 12 hours and 1 1/2 hours of pushing. I'm dying to hold him, and have Wyatt and Mack meet. You look beautiful. Good job to Zach on the present, very sweet.

Melony & Todd Dame said...

I love all the pictures. He is so cute and I am so happy for the both of you. You are such a trooper for going as long as you did without the epidural. You'll have to give me pointers so I know what to expect. Plus, you look gorgeous in all your pics! I hope I look that good after giving birth.

R. Long Pyper said...

Congratulations, you guys! And way to go on birthing a big boy — I'll bet Zach is so proud. You'll love having a boy; they're so fun.

Anonymous said...

Hello beautiful mother. Wyatt is so cute, I was showing people pictures at work today and we were amazed at how good you look in all your pics. Way to go Rosanne. You made it though nine months of working and we can't wait to meet your cute little baby. We are all so excited for you.

Forever Young said...

CONGRATS!!! Your labor sounded liked it went great for a first timer=) Josiah worked real hard too with the first pregancy, I as actually sore from him rubbing my lower back. Wyatt is soo cute! Hope we get to meet him soon. Enjoy your little one.

IndyTew said...

Yeah, he made it. And what a cute little guy. Hope you are adjusting well and enjoying every cute little finger and toe.
Congrats.
Brad and Britt

Jaimi said...

Thanks again for letting me stop in so soon after the delivery. It was a definite tender mercy that our depature was delayed so I could see him--I would have been sad at "The Happiest Place on Earth" all week had I missed seeing the three of you by hours. He is a doll! Love you all!

Missy said...

He is so handsome! Congratulations! I'm glad that everything went well and that he's a healthy little guy! I hope you're feeling okay. You look great in the pictures, definitely doesn't look like you just had a baby! :) Loved all the pictures!

Torrey said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful. We are so happy for you guys!

Steph said...

Oh, hooray! Not sure how I missed this post, but congrats! Hope you're loving life and recovering well. He's super handsome. Good job!

Jenn said...

Congrats!! He is such a cutie!!! It was so fun to look at all the pictures of you guys and your new addition. It brings back so many memories of when we had Karson. You look so beautiful in all your pics, before and after you had your little Wyatt.