The Youngs

The Youngs

Saturday, October 16, 2010

1 yr Stats and WALKING!!!!

We took Wyatt to his 1 yr doctors appointment and here are his stats:
Height:40% 29.5 inches
Weight:77% 25 lbs
Head Size:77% 18.7 inches
Here's a little info about Wyatt now that he's 1: He LOVES books. I read them to him all the time. He'll bring me a book and want me to hold him...it's the best. He stays interested for a pretty long time too, which is nice.
He tries to copy us on words which is so cute. He knows a lot of animals and knows the sounds they make. Some of them are: bear, cow, bird, cat, dog, lizard (he does the tongue thing)tiger, lion, duck. He loves this Zebra book we have. He tries to say Zebra. We'll mix up all his books and tell him to get his Zebra book and he does! He understands things more now. I say "do you want to get in the tub and take a bath?" And he says, "Ba!" He loves the bath. He knows when I say "let's take a nap"...then he freaks out :)
He just learned how to go up the stairs, he can go back down 1 or 2 steps. He loves to scoot things around the floor, I got him a truck for his birthday and he can now say "truck" and he knows what it means.
He's starting to feed himself big pieces of food and bite it off. He's very particular on what he'll eat. He usually always throws his food all over the place and likes to put his messy hands on his head. He has started to have cow's milk...it's not going as well as planned though.
He still throws major tantrums. He still doesn't let me get anything done, he wants to be held all the time at home and when we're out and about he wants to get down and play. He loves to watch Baby Einstein and gets so excited while he watches it (I use it for emergencies, when I have to get something done). He loves to play with his friends, we are trying to get the whole sharing thing down. He had a complete meltdown at his friend Claire's 1st birthday party the other day. She opened up her presents and got stuffed animals...his favorite...and of course he wanted to have it, so we had to go outside for a bit :)
He knows when I'm going to say "We don't do that", or "Don't touch it", or "No No No" because he tries to say it right after he does something naughty. He imitates us and shakes his head no no no. It's so cute.
Wyatt is learning more of the actions to songs. He's got a lot of rhythm and beat. Whenever he hears music, even if it's just us singing or humming, he starts to bounce and shake his bootie :)
He LOVES to make us laugh, and if we are laughing at something or just in conversation he'll start laughing too. He waves at people walking by and says "Hi, and Bye". We sure love our little guy.

Wyatt loves his front facing car seat. I love it too! He can see us now and see all the things we get to look at. It's much nicer...but less boring for him, so napping is much harder than it was before. (We just moved last week to a townhouse and they tore out the carpet and replaced it, so the past few days I've been driving around trying to get him to fall asleep in the car for his naps...it didn't work too well. But I got to see a lot of cool homes and nice neighborhoods in Topeka :) )


Check out his dancing skills! Once it gets to 20 seconds is when he starts dancing. (I don't think he knows what dance means, he just feels the beat and has to groove!)
YEAH for Wyatt! He started walking 2 days before his 1st Birthday. He doesn't like to walk much though. He'll do it when we really try hard to coax him to us using incentives like books, snacks, bears, etc.
This time his incentive was a cookie. Good job Wyatt!

2 comments:

Thayerclan said...

cute little guy! So fun he's doing so many new things. I love the dance vid :)

McGuire's said...

So cute to see him dance and walk!