
Opening gifts from us and family before heading to the party.

We had a picnic with Wyatt's friends and their parents. It was a Zoo themed party (and the picnic was at the park across from the Zoo). I mostly just focused on the bear part of the Zoo, it's his favorite and one of his first words and first animal sounds he ever made. The night was perfect, not too hot, not too cold. We just had to deal with the annoying mosquito's. These dang bugs out here!

Here's Zach grillin' up some hot dogs, Wyatt's favorite. (Notice the missionaries...no they didn't stop off and crash the party, our friends had invited them over for dinner and said they couldn't come because of it, so...of course...we said "Have them come on over!" So they really were invited. Plus we'd had them over for dinner a few weeks ago and got to know them already.)

We got a pic of Wyatt's friends and the moms.
(Stephanie with Amelia (Jack ran off), Shalene with Mailee, Whitney with Burton, Me with Wyatt, Annie with Claire, Jaelyn with Isaac, and not pictured is Lauree with Tanner who came over for the after party :) because they couldn't get there in time)

I made him a bear cake and bear paw print cupcakes for everyone. I also gave everyone a bag of gummy bears to take home too.

He was a little timid at first, but once he tasted the frosting he went crazy.

He did exactly what we wanted...he destroyed the cake. Good work Wyatt, good work!

It was a lovely mess.

I just can't believe our baby is 1 yr old now!

Whitney and her son Burton, who will be turning 1 in a week or so.

The birthday stash!
We took this picture the next day, we were waiting on opening a few more things and the birthday day got a little crazy.
(These posted up in the wrong order. Watch the last video first then the one right below next.)
He made us proud.
This ones my favorite. I'm glad he knew what the cake was, that made it all worth it.
9 comments:
How on earth can he be one!? I can't believe he can say bear! Makes me miss you even more!
Thanks, you guys, for the blog. It ALMOST made us feel like we were at the party. You all look
grrrr-eat! (I'm trying to imitate a bear sound...) Happy Birthday Wyatt. Grandpa and Grandma love you very much.
What?! I can't believe that he is one! I was totally shocked when I saw this post. We are sad that you guys aren't here in Utah so we can hang out, are you coming back for Christmas? Anywho, HAPPY BIRTHDAY WYATT! Adoreable little one year old you have there! Great job on the party too, super cute cake and cupcakes!!
Happy Birthday Wyatt! The bear cake is adorable!
I think Evansville is pretty far away, but that would have been fun. :(
The cake you made looked super cute!!! Nice job!
Well done on the cake Roseanne! Wyatt seems so grown up now.:) He was much more entertaining to watch eat his cake than Jake was. Wish we could have been there!
Your are domestic! Look at that cake, so darling! I'm glad you guys are having fun at school. It's the best 4 years ever. You'll have the best time, meet the greatest people and look back and reminisce always. Have fun. Happy Birthday Wyatt! Way to go on your race too!
Can you believe its already been a year!! I did a zoo themed party as well for Addi's 1st birthday. I made her a monkey cake...she was not too interested in it. :) Wyatt is a cutie.
Awesome cake! What a cute little guy he is! Happy Birthday Wyatt!
Post a Comment