October 2011- Wyatt's 2!
(This is one heck of a long post folks, just be prepared.)
We started the day with a big JRC playgroup at the zoo.
All the kids sang for Wyatt. He loved that!
He still loves the bears.
Some of the moms at the playgroup.
Running around the gorilla statue.
Hiding from me behind the gorilla. Silly boy!
We had a really fun day at the zoo!
Here are our masterpiece birthday cakes. That's right cakes, with an s!
Zach made this one. Amazing right! He's such an artist!
I asked him to make a Nemo cake. Can you believe he made that. Carved the cake, frosted it, and everything!
Wyatt LOVES Nemo!
Zach didn't use as much cake as I'd expected he'd use...so I decided to make one too with the rest of the cake he didn't use.
Here's my goldfish cake.
I'm not as artsy as Zach. Simple is about all I can do.
Cupcake fish
We had a dinner party and invited the families of all his friends to come too.
It was pretty darn difficult to get all this to the park pavilion. Thankfully my friend Leah came over to help me get things ready and helped drive it over to the park. It took 3 cars to get it all there! (Things you don't think about until later.)
Me and all my hard work I'd spent hours making.
Fish Themed Party!
Fish Bowl: Jello with Swedish fish
Peanut Butter and Jelly "Fish" Sandwiches: for the kids.
Tuna "Fish" sandwiches: for the adults
Go Fish Jigglers
"Starfish" chips and Salsa: scoop chips
"Seashell" Pasta Salad
"Seaweed" Salad: Spring Salad
(My friend Stephanie made that one.)
Watermelon Boat
"Goldfish": Crackers
It's a life saver ring tied with twine.
All the delicious desserts!
Claire loves that watermelon!
Wyatt's diggin' in!
We had quite a group. I think we had about 50 people, babies and all...if I remember right.
Lots and lots of friends and food!
Some of our friends: the Smiths, Mooney's, Rush's...
Goaslinds, Elliotts, Greenwoods, Barros's.
The Dabb's. Here's Keesa with little Raelee.
Annie, Claire, Wyatt and me.
The Lindquists: Leah, Brian, Brylee and Carlee.
Cake time!
"Ooooh, Yum!"
"Give me MORE!"
Presents
Claire, Maddie, Ryan, and Wyatt
Jack, Asher, Allie, Cole, Ryan, Wyatt
Dallan, Payton, Cole, Ryan, Wyatt.
He got so many presents!
Going Fishing
I had Zach behind the scenes. You can see him here.
The actual kids invited got "Gummy Fish Skewers."
The siblings got bubbles. (Another bad idea. Everyone wanted the fish skewers! Things you realize after.)
They seemed to really love it!
Here's a picture of the fish skewer.
Wyatt LOVED them!
The After Party
We came home and Wyatt opened presents from Grandma's and Grandpa's and from us.
What a stash!
He's one SPOILED kid! Look at all that!
Wyatt, next year might not be as amazing. I wore myself out on this one buddy. ;)
What parents do for the kids huh.
What a long fun day!!!
We sure love you Wyatt and are so grateful you were born into our family.
6 comments:
WOW!!!! I knew you went all out but i didn't realize how much you really did!!! Wyatt's birthday looks awesome!! I can't imagine what his 6th birthday will look like!! :)
Happy Birthday Wyatt! What an amazing party!! You are totally your Mother's daughter, and know how to include the cutest details! I am super impressed with Zach's cake decorating skills, way to go. And there was nothing simple about your cake, Roseanne, or the cupcakes. Love it all!
Wow Roseanne! Thats so impressive. Wyatt is one lucky boy to have you two as his mom and dad! I loved both the cakes and all the fish stuff. The fishbowl was such a great idea!
Holy freakin' cow! Wow! What a party!! Amazing, the cakes were awesome. Mike and I were totally impressed by Zach's cake decorating skills. Yours was awesome too! You look so cute, love your shirt.
loves
Impressive! You knocked yourself out!
Wow! That was quite the party! I'm totally impressed by your cake decorating skills and all your cute food ideas! So fun!
Post a Comment