The Youngs

The Youngs

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Chicago - Day #1

October 14, 2011
We went to Chicago Illinois, with our friends from Utah, Eric and Katie.  They flew in a day early and Zach and I drove.  It was about 8 hours.  So not too bad.  
Zach and Eric had talked about doing the Urbanathalon for a few years.  Finally they decided to go ahead and do it!  We had TONS of fun.  Chicago is AWESOME, and so are our friends!

 Eric and Katie rode a tandom bike before we arrived.  Look how beautiful it is there!
Lake Michigan looks like an ocean!
Walking around downtown
 Katie and Eric our good friends.
The buildings are so tall, they were SO cool!
Donald Trumps tower behind us.
So beautiful!

 They had people on the streets trying to make some money.  Look how much he looks like a statue!  It's crazy!  I never even saw him move...maybe he really is?!
Packet pick-up for the Urbanathalon at the Hard Rock Cafe and Hotel downtown.
 The course
 The obstacle courses

 Don't they look legit! Lets get them on the cover of Men's Health!
I'm in Chicago!  YEAH!
So exciting!
My cousin Joel told us we had to try this place.  It's supposed to have the best deep dish Chicago style pizza.
Katie and Eric
 The wait was pretty long. But, oh so worth it!  Look at that HUMONGOUS pizza!
There was probably 2 lbs of cheese just in this once slice!  Oh man, was it good!  We crave it even now.  We can't wait to go back and go to Giordanos!
Marilyn Monroe statue.  
It was funny to see everyone look up when they walked over. Zach thought it was hilarious!  She's wearing panties, in case you were dying to know. ;) 

After we headed back to the hotel to sleep.  It was super nice of them to let us share a room with them.  Once I pulled down the sheets to sleep I discovered something...BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Eric and Katie put HUGE fake spiders, centipedes, and bugs in my bed.  Those little pranksters! You better look out guys!

1 comment:

Jaimi said...

That's especially funny that they would pull that prank on you! Wish I had thought of it. (;