The Youngs

The Youngs

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Breaking Dawn Party

November 2011
I threw a Breaking Dawn Party.  
I was so sad to miss my families party back in Utah, so I had to take matters into my own hands and try to create the same thing I'm used to out here.

I sent out invitations, like it was a wedding reception. (I used my moms that they were using for their party.)
We had the party at my friend Jessica's house, because it's a lot bigger than mine.  Thank You Jessica!!
I assigned us to be in charge of decorating.  It was quite a job!!!  We spent days getting ready!
Wedding themed, can you tell?

I assigned other parts of the party.  Games, dinner, drinks, dessert, prizes, and goodie bag. 
When people came in we taped a name tag on their back, and they had to ask yes or no questions to figure out what character they were. 
We themed the colors off Bellas "movie" wedding.  I saw a few previews and got the idea of doing purple.
I used my new fancy plates that I got from my mother-in-law for my birthday.
 Jessica taught me how to make the white and purple puffs.  We spend a lot of time making those.

 I had a little quote on each plate.  (I loved how the plates also had a little purple in it.  It went well with the purple theme.)
 Minnie made this very professional coconut cream cake.  She makes amazing cakes!  I'm glad I picked her for dessert!
My friend Nani made these vampire bitten red velvet cupcakes.  They were good!  Aren't they so cute! 
My friend who was in charge of the games couldn't make it and so I had to come up with a few game off the top of my head.  I used a few from past parties.
 We played a game sort of like pin the tail on the donkey, only we used lipstick and had to see whose lips got closer to Edwards.  Cheesy I know.  ;)
 We had a trivia game, then we made engagement rings like Bellas.
 Pretty rings!  Everyone did so well.  I hated picking a winner.
Jeni (back), Becky, Jessica (it's at her house), Tiffany, Erica, Megan, Minnie, and me.
 We had a ton of people there 15 total, but some people left to go get seats for the movie theater. I forgot to take group pictures before, dang it!
 Thankfully we had a huge chunk of seats all together in 2 rows.  We had so much fun!  
Check out Minnie's wolf costume.  She's such a funny gal.  She was all for team Jacob!
Megan and Alice made these cute goodie bags that they gave us after.  They did such a great job!
The party was a huge success! I loved it!

No comments: