The Youngs

The Youngs

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Houston Texas- Spring Break

March 20, 2012
For Spring Break this year we wanted to check out Texas.  
So we went to visit my cousin Jill and Mike and their kids.
We had a blast!
Childrens Museum
 Owen and Wyatt shopping.
 Dressing up as a fireman.
 Driving the fire truck!
 Going down the fireman's pole.
 Owens giving it a try.  His little coat cracks me up!
 Playing in the fake dirt area with the trucks.
 The kings!
They had a little puppet show.
They were pretty entertained with my puppet show.  It turned into a game of attack my puppet though.  It was pretty funny.
 Giant mouth.  
I feel like I'm in there all day when I'm at work.  It just seems like home to me.
Playing in the big truck.
March 21, 2012
We had lots of fun times at meals.  Jill was a great cook!  We were fed very well.
Trolley Ride
 Here we go!  WEEEEEE!!!!
 Here's my cousin Jill with sleeping Sienna along for the ride.
 They feed the turtles and fishes.
 Here they are dancing and jumping off this.

 Feeding the ducks.
 Running through the maze.
 There was a book with a story at each corner.
 Abby wanted a picture by each one with her posing.  I pretended to take one and she flipped out.  I felt so bad! 
(Note to self: never pretend, it's not worth it, just take the picture.)
Here she is all calm again and posing on the mosaic.  Whew!
 The kids spent a lot of time watching TV, which turns Wyatt into a grouch pants.  And that's pretty much what happened.

Jill watched Wyatt while he napped and we went out to eat at Saltgrass, a steak place, for lunch.
The next night we switched and watched their kids while they went out to eat at a fancy restaurant called Flemings.
It was pretty tasty!

 This picture was so hilarious to me!  It looked like the old man was pulling the boys finger.  Toot!  Oh man are we pathetic or what? The silliest things crack us up.
 We had a nice break out on a date.
We gave the kids a nice big bubble bath.  For some reason the kids started screaming which terrified Wyatt right out of there.  So much for a nice soothing bubble bath right?  Ha Ha!
I got to cuddle with Sienna.  She's such a little sweety pie! She's such a good baby, oh my goodness, was she good!!!!
March 22, 2012
The boys played on Jills community playground.  It was so cute!  The boys loved it!
Then we headed out to Galveston  to go to the beach.
 This was Wyatt's first time.  Pure joy!


 Awe, I love that one!  Father and son, sweet!
 That's my chubba lubba boy!

 Wyatt could dig and dig in the sand forever.
Oh how I love the beach too.
 Making sandcastles.

 So sweet.
After the beach we went out to eat at a DELICIOUS Mexican restaurant called Pappasitos.
 Jill and Mike payed for us!  They are just too darn nice!
 I LOVED it there.  The food was amazing.
I hope to see you again someday Pappasito's ;)
March 23. 2012
We went to visit our friends from Utah who moved out here Kari and Mike.
I love this picture of Wyatt and Brynn hugging.  It's been so long!
So cute!
I love their little faces in the window.
 They had fun playing in the house.  
Wyatt's faces crack me up in this video.  He has a hard time sharing sometimes, so you can tell he's about to loose it!
 I actually went out to visit Kari twice.  This was our second time.  They invited us over for lunch before we had to head off on our long drive home.  I sure miss her, I wish we lived closer!
Mike and Zach.
We had such a good visit, it was so fun to see them again.
We'll Texas is pretty awesome!  We really loved it down there!  We loved it so much in fact that we came the next month (more posts to come on that in the future.)

2 comments:

Thayerclan said...

That was such a fun visit! Wow, sorry about how super gross I look! You might want to delete those pics of me, people might throw up. Sorry I'm such a fatso

Roseanne said...

Whatever crazy! You look great. You just had a baby too! I'm not deleting any of them...although I probably should delete the ones of me in a swimsuit. Oh boy.