March 30, 2012
The Hunger Games Party
I was in charge of book club this month and I chose The Hunger Games. I'd heard the book was good and I knew the movie was coming out so I decided we'd read it and then go see the movie when it opened.
Our book club in the JRC is just for the girls but for this one we had a lot of couples read it, so I made it a combined party so we could include the guys too.
I should have taken the picture before we dug in and made it look not so cute. But you can get the idea of what the food was. I tried to theme it all from the book.
Nuts and dried berries (cranberries)
My friend Richelle made this homemade "Peeta" bread. Oh my goodness it was soooooo good! We had cheese to put on it, if we wanted.
Then fresh berries.
It was very simple, but I thought it was really good too!
For the games
I had a trivia game with questions. It was timed. The winner. Richelle! She won a fancy razor.
I had them make the mockingjay pin with foil and a toothpick, and I chose a winner. Jamie! He won a pack of razors.
The last game we didn't have time for, so I played it a few days after when we had some friends over for dinner, the Jacobs. I had a backpack filled with things used in the Hunger Games. Everything was layed out on the floor. I gave them 1 minute to see it all then I covered it up. Whoever could remember the most won. That was Zach! He won some healing cream.
(He still hasn't read the book or seen the movie yet. I've explained a little to him. He thinks it sounds weird. I thought it did too until I actually read it. I loved the books! I read the whole series in that month.)
Anyway...
After the party we all went to the
MOVIE
Zach couldn't make it in time to go to the movie. They were in Wichita observing a law office for class. I was bummed. At least Kaylie and I sat together, husband-less.
We had a really great time!
2 comments:
The "Peeta" bread is cracking me up. I'll have to remember your cute ideas for the second movie. I love the books as well.
You have such fun parties!!
Post a Comment