October 15, 2011
The day of the much awaited Urbanathlon!
Eric and Zach all ready to go and start the race.
Katie and I ran to a few of the spots they'd be at so we could cheer them on and get some pictures of the race and the obstacles.
We saw Zach and cheered him on. I got a pic of him as he was running away. (White shirt and red shorts)
Then we saw Eric.
They guys had different age divisions so they started at different times. They caught up to each other soon after the start though. They had a total of 9 3/4th miles and 6 obstacle stations. Talk about a total body workout!
Jumping the hurdles.
Army crawling under the mesh.
More hurdles
Still Running
Climbing under the Jeeps.
Just finished the stairs at the Soldiers Field Stadium and heading into the final stretch.
Sliding over the hood of cab cars.
Climbing over the netting over a bus next,
both sides of the bus.
Climbing over a wall. This is the other side hopping over.
From here they run to the finish line.
I saw Eric, but I missed Zach. Dang it! There were so many people running by it was so hard to find them.
Zach after he crossed the finish line.
YEAH!!!!! Congrats you guys!
Zach convinced our friend Chris (left) to race too. They all finished right around the same time. Pretty cool!
I'm so proud!
Two proud friends!
Whoa, what a mess! It's just mud, don't worry. :)
I took a couple pics before we left so you could see the end a little better.
Here's the cabs,
the mesh over the bus,
crawled under this,
jumped/climbed over the Urbanathlon wall, and then ran through the finish line.
The race was put on by Men's Health Magazine.
Katie was my pall as we ran all throughout the different parts of the race to get pictures. We got a little...actually a lot of exercise ourselves as well!
So proud of our hubbies!
A bridge looking over the train tracks.
I don't even know what this lion statue was in front of, but there was a huge line and it looked cool to me.
The Bean
It was so cool! Can you see us in the reflection?
A look from inside the Bean.
I don't know what this is, but I've heard from people from Chicago that it's a persons face that spits out water. The face changes. It looks like tiny screens. It was pretty cold so I'm guessing they didn't have the water going at that time.
Having some fun sight seeing.
Then we headed home so the guys could shower and get all ready.
Then we went to the Chicago temple.
Katie's sweater matches the pretty flowers, awe cute!
It was a beautiful temple, especially inside!
We saw this on our drive back to the hotel. Pretty cool. It was leaning and everything!
We had dinner at Maggiano's
Apparently President Obama was sitting right where Katie was the week prior. Pretty cool! Zach didn't think so. ;)
The food here was sooooo good!!!!!
We did order calamari. I like it, but once I really dissected it, by taking off the breading, I had a harder time eating it. They really are little octopus's. See!!
We walked to the Navy Pier
It's a boardwalk out over Lake Michigan.
It had restaurants, shows, and carnival rides.
They had a firework show that evening.
What a cute couple :)
Isn't that view beautiful of Chicago.
The boardwalk on Navy Pier was really long, there was so much going on too. I loved it!
Silly boys!
A boat coming in.
We had so much fun!
Zach was dying and had to sit because his feet hurt so bad from the race. So he hung out here for awhile while we checked things out.
Then we had our long walk back to the hotel. It was so funny to watch the guys walk. They were so sore! They'd limp down the curbs and back up. Going up stairs was pretty funny. I got a good video of it. I'll post videos on my next post.
1 comment:
That race is perfect for Zach. I got videos of the fountains spitting out water when we went last month. I'll be sure to post them on my blog when I get caught up.
Post a Comment