The Youngs

The Youngs

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tour Hosts and Pinewood Derby

March 24, 2012
Kansas City Temple
We were asked to be tour hosts for the Kansas City Temple Open house. 
We had to come back early from spring break so we could be at the mandatory training meeting.


The temple is so beautiful!  We were so glad we had the opportunity to go and to see the temple before the tours opened.  It is BEAUTIFUL inside.
 March 27, 2012
Pinewood Derby
 I got called to be the 1st Counselor in the Primary Presidency.  So I'm over Cub Scouts and Activity Days.
Our Cubmaster moved and our ward hadn't called anyone...so...that left me!  The new one...to take over!
It was pretty overwhelming for me.  Being thrown  into a crazy mess in the scouts wasn't exactly easy.  I lived and breathed scouts for a few months.  Now that they have called a new leader my life has become A LOT less stressful.  Whew!  It was a very good experience and tested me that's for sure.  I am grateful for the help I got from other leaders and parents, and am especially grateful things are running more smoothly now.  I've learned a lot about scouts in a short amount of time.  There really is so much to know is scouts!

No comments: