January 7, 2012
Today we took Wyatt to the ENT to get his tubes replaced for the 4th time. This time they recommended having his adenoids removed, in hopes that it will help his ears.
Adenoids are like tonsils, only higher up in the throat. They can grow so big that they block the opening where the fluid from the ears drain into the throat. So hopefully this time will be the last of his ENT surgeries.
He was very brave.
It was so sad saying goodby, and having him say "Where are you going mom and dad?" Then watching him get wheeled down the hall to the surgery room. This is our 4th time, but it's still sad every time.
He woke up hysterical. They came and got us and he was flailing trying to take out his IV while the nurse held him. He kept saying it hurt him. It took a LONG time for him to calm down. He drank tons of water like the nurse asked him to and even got a popsicle .
Once we got him home he was still crying hysterically. He kept saying his ears hurt. All he wanted was Daddy. So Zach didn't get much studying done today. Wyatt bawled when he was leaving to go study. So Zach stayed home for Wyatt, being the tender hearted dad that he is. :)
Now he's just chilling out, watching movie after movie, eating popcicles and frozen yogurt. He wouldn't take a nap. He has purple circles around his eyes. How is is still awake!? I'm worn out from it all!
Here's some good news though!
I'm due 1 month from today! YEA!
(Writing from the future. 2 yrs exactly. The tubes and adenoids worked this time! 4th times the charm! Or maybe it was the adenoids fault?)
Now he's just chilling out, watching movie after movie, eating popcicles and frozen yogurt. He wouldn't take a nap. He has purple circles around his eyes. How is is still awake!? I'm worn out from it all!
Here's some good news though!
I'm due 1 month from today! YEA!
(Writing from the future. 2 yrs exactly. The tubes and adenoids worked this time! 4th times the charm! Or maybe it was the adenoids fault?)
5 comments:
Poor baby! And poor mommy and daddy! We meet with Payt's ENT on Wednesday to talk about adnoid surgery; I'll be interested to see how it helps Wyatt.
My lip is sticking out while I type this. Makes me sad. Hopefully this will do the trick! (I hate that picture with him strapped to the gurney.)I think my heart would have broken when he asked where you were going if I were in your shoes. Glad the surgery is over--for all of you.
Poor kid! When Bre was 2 she had a minor surgery to open her tear duct. When she came out of anesthesia, she was hysterical too.... except I didn't know that was normal and thought something was wrong with her. It really scared me. I'd hate to have to go through that over and over. Hope this does the trick and that he doesn't have to go in again!
Poor Wyatt! I hope he is feeling better!
Post a Comment