The Youngs

The Youngs

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Puppies are here!










Here's the little guy. This was taken on the 2nd day. He had to lay on a heating pad to keep warm. He lived for 3 days while we tried to keep it alive.

Born on the night of our Anniversary!


Yara had 6 puppies. 3 girls, 3 boys. 3 black and while ones like Tuck the dad, 2 spotted ones like Yara the mom, and 1 brown and white one like Tucks mom. She was in labor for 2 days and sadly the first puppy born died after 3 days of Zach and I trying to keep it alive. It wouldn't suck and it's face was purplish. Zach took it to the vet who said it probably wouldn't live, but I still wanted to try. So we had to feed it with a feeding tube to it's stomach. It started throwing up the next day so we took it to another vet who said it had phnemonia. The vet said we had to try to get it to swallow the formula which was really hard because it had no energy. I tried to keep it warm by staying up all night with him to let it sleep on my chest and then we went and bought a heating pad for it because it was always cold. It made it throught the next night while Zach stayed awake to watch it and later that day it died while I was at work. I was so emotional I had been crying everyday over it. It was so sad to watch it hardly move and just lay there. I was sleep deprived and overly emotional about it. It's so sad, but we have 5 beautiful healthy puppies that are doing great now.

2 comments:

McGuire's said...

Such cute puppies! I'll call you to see when we can come visit them. 2 days of labor!!! So sad about the little firstborn. That would have made me cry too, they're so cute and tiny. Did it make Yara sad too do you know??

Leah said...

So cute! Congrats! Sorry to hear about the one who didn't make it... sad. Sounds like you have quite the house full now!