The Youngs

The Youngs

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

7 months old

We had Wyatt's 6 month check up a few days before he turned 7 months. Here are his percentiles.
Weight: 18.12 lbs 48%tile (I guess he's not so much of a chunk after all?)
Height: 28 in 85%tile (He's still getting taller each time in his percentiles.)
Head Circumference: 17 in 23%tile (Still has a small head, but is in the normal range.)

Some of the things Wyatt does:
Jabbering. He says "bababadadada" and "nanana".
Singing in his little sing song voice.
Loves giving long hugs to Grandpa Y.
Loves giving kisses to Grandma Y.
Loves his cousins, they make him laugh with their crazy dancing :)
Loves to show off for Grandma R. by making crazy noises and LOVES to make her laugh.
Reaches out and smiles every time he see's aunt Jenn.
Loves to watch his Daddy and loves to feel his prickly beard.
He's happy much more now that we've found out he's had ear aches a lot and is always on antibiotics for it(Dr. says no tubes yet.) Thanks to the antibiotics he has poopy diapers all day long and has ruined tons of outfits-if anyone has a trick to getting the stains out of colored outfits I'd greatly appreciate it :)
He still screams at the top of his lungs when he's not happy or when he has to go to bed. When I'm deaf you'll all know why :) (It's a good thing I know sign language.)
I still can't get anything done because he only takes 30 min naps, once in a great while he'll take a 1 1/2 hr nap. If anyone knows the trick to getting them to nap longer, again I'd greatly appreciate it :)
Has the cutest little laugh.
Still is pretty bald, but his hair is SLOWLY growing.
LOVES his food.
Just started giving him bread and now he wants to eat everything we're eating.
Loves going on walks.
Loves other kids and smiles at them.
Loves music, especially blue grass country and hip hop with a good beat :) He really does!
Momma can't stop giving him loves and kisses, ALL DAY LONG.
Still just as sweet as ever!


Wyatt is turning into such a little boy now instead of a baby. He's learning about new things, he's getting crazy like when I'm trying to change his diaper and he's moving all over the place, and when he spits out his food all over me and hits the spoon and the bowl and food goes everywhere. I'm starting to discipline him a little and it's so hard because he makes me laugh and when I laugh he laughs and it encourages him even more. Sometimes I'll tell him "no" and he'll he'll just smile his sweet little smile and it's so hard not to smile back at him. It's hard to hold a straight face...I'm working on it.
Wyatt loves his uncle Nate. Whenever he's in the room he watches him where ever he goes. Nate will hold him and he'll just stare at him for a long time. He's not scared of him though, just intrigued. I think it's because they both have that blond white hair :)
Wyatt just learned to stand on his own, he's wobbly and falls in a couple seconds though (you can see Zach's ready to catch him). Crawling will take a while though, I'm sure. He HATES to be in the crawling position and HATES to be on his belly for tummy time. I propped him up today and he moved one arm and then screamed and cried to get down. So it will take some time :)
I had a wonderful first official mothers day, minus being sick, thanks to sweet little Wyatt :) He's sick every other week, it's so crazy, and then I get it from him so it's a never ending cycle of sickness at our house.
Wyatt LOVES the dogs. He was laughing so hard when Zach would throw the ball, you can check out the video of him laughing at it. I just love to hear him laugh.
Watch our gymnast dismount at the end.
Here are a few pictures from my phone.  I'm not sure where they belong, but this seems like a good place for them.  Isn't Wyatt so cute!


 Squash and carrots are his favorite!
 We love playing at the park.  We go all the time!
 This little boy is Jack.  I watch him on Wednesdays while his mom and dad work.  They boys have fun together.  We like to go for walks around the neighborhood.
Wyatt loves black beans!

5 comments:

Thayerclan said...

I'm biting my tongue! I love Wyatt, I luf him. I liked the last video, he's got a great "dismount" pose. Arms out, straight legs.

Jaimi said...

There is nothing better than the sound of children's laughter. By far one of my favorite sounds.

I was just about to say Wyatt looked like a gymnast the way he lands with his feet together and his hands in the air and looked over at your other comment and realized I'm not alone in my opinion.(:

McGuire's said...

His laugh is so darling! I want to squeeze him. I use a dove soap bar to get poop out. It works amazing. I use zout for everything else, but for some reason dove works so much better with poop. if it's fresh it works better too. Just lather it and it's pretty much gotten every poop stain out. :)

Aim Aug said...

He is the cutest thing. I just want to kiss him! He's perfect! And he's got lots of baby time left. Wait until he turns two and is positively a little boy running every where!

Brittany said...

So cute! Kenzie used to do the same thing with her naps until like 3 weeks ago. I think part of it was that if she woke up after a half hour or so I started to let her cry for like 5 minutes until she went back to sleep. (I used to have the hardest time letting her cry at all, but with naps and bedtime it pays off in the long run. She doesn't even cry anymore when I put her down for either, she just goes right to sleep!) She doesn't really wake up any more during her long nap, or at least I don't hear her. She prob does wake up but then goes right back to sleep.