The Youngs

The Youngs

Thursday, May 27, 2010

My first triathlon!

Last year year my friend Katie convinced me to sign up for a triathlon, I'd never done one before, but I decided to sign up. I signed up not knowing I was pregnant at the time and couldn't compete so they transferred it to this year. I finished in 1:31 which was great for me, since I hadn't trained much at all. I was just hoping I'd at least finish. It was awesome! I'd love to do one again, especially since they canceled the swim because it was way too cold. So they ended up making us run 1 mile (instead of the swim), bike 12.75 miles, and run 3 miles. Almost to the finish line!
My friends Anji and Katie that I raced with.


Also, on a totally different subject, for an update from my needle stick 1 year ago. I went and had my blood tested for the last time and the results were negative. YEA, no Hep C for me!

10 comments:

heather said...

that's awesome!! i'd like to do one of those one day. nice work! nice hus!!

Thayerclan said...

Good job Roseanne!

Jaimi said...

You go girl!

Kendrick and Hailey said...

Roseanne you are awesome! That is such an accomplishment. You look like you're not even tired after the race either.:) We can't wait to see you guys either,I'm dying to get the little boys together. By the way I was going to tell you that I have three friends that live in the mid west for school and they all LOVE it out there. They say everyone is so nice and they love the slower paced lifestyle. We just have to be sure that you, us, and Jaimi and Jeff all come back to Utah in three years.:) Sorry for the long post!

Anonymous said...

OK so when I got stuck by that needle my pt refused to have his blood drawn (but claimed he had nothing) and now he hasn't been back to our office. They didn't even take my blood at the hospital even though I requested it. At least your clean. These may be my final days and I just don't know it:)

Missy said...

Oh my word, good or you. What an accomplishment. Sounds like you did awesome!

Whitney said...

hey! that's so awesome! I didn't know you were doing that!

McGuire's said...

Wow Roseanne! you didn't say anything about that! Could job!!!

Shel said...

Go Roseanne! Looking good!!

Melony & Todd Dame said...

Look at you super mom. I can't wait to start to work out again and get back into shape. You are now my inspiration that it is possible with a little one.