My mom and little sister Jenn came out to visit us in Tornado Ally for the weekend. It was so fun to have them, we had a good time.

These signs are all over Washburn's campus. My sis thought it was funny and took a picture of it.
Crown Center in Kansas City:
We went to the Hallmark Center, it's the international headquarters for Hallmark Cards. We got a few free cards at the visitors center. It was pretty cool. I didn't take pictures there though.
Crayola


Wyatt's just learning to color...it's a battle though trying to stop him from eating the crayons.

Behind us is a color wheel with all the crayons in every color.
Kaleidoscope

(My sister Jenn and I in the Kaleidoscope.)
This is every kids dream! You can make little crafts all over the place or just look at all the amazing decor. It looked like a Disneyland ride inside!


Wyatt just wants to run and get into everything :)


Wyatt loved pulling out all the markers all over the place. It was a constant battle to try and not let him keep pulling them out. It's a danger zone for a 1 year old.

I love the marker holders on the picnic table...the pringles and snacks :) Way neat!

My mom even made a little crown. The art projects they have are so cute.
Chips Chocolate Factory

They make their chocolate right in front of you. We didn't get to see the exciting part where he throws the fudge up in the air, next time I will for sure. But we did get to eat some amazing Egg Nog Fudge. Yummmmmmm.
T-Rex

This place is AMAZING!!!!! It's like the Rain Forest Cafe...but this is all about dinosaurs. We came here with my mom 2 weeks ago as well.

Wyatt's on the lookout for the T-Rex.

They have these fish tanks all over with prehistoric looking fish.

Wyatt was terrified of the T-Rex. It moves up and down, moves it's arms and roars. Since this was our second time there I made sure to keep Wyatt as far away from it as possible. He screamed the first time we were there. He was whimpering even as I took the picture of my sister. Poor kid.

(This picture was taken when it was just my mom who came out to visit) The food was really good. We had to sit away from the dinosaurs because Wyatt could cry if we were anywhere near the huge T-Rex at the entrance.

This huge octopus is awesome! It's arms move up and down.


This room is the ice age room. You can hear the ice cracking, and they have woolly mammoths.

Wyatt has to keep his eyes on the dinosaurs at all times.
Art Lab
My mom and sis were way impressed. It's such a fun place and such a great idea, I think Utah Valley needs to get one for sure!

Zoo
Of course, we had to go to the zoo...its our favorite!




They had a good time at the Zoo, the rain forest was the best.
Shopping
We went shopping at the Mall.

Wyatt loved the kids play area, it was fun to watch him walk around and play with the other kids. My mom watched him while Jenn and I shopped. Jenn and I got a few pairs of skinny jeans for $5 at Charlotte Russe... way good deal!!!!
Cabelas
After I dropped my mom and sister off at the airport I took Wyatt to Cabelas and to the outlets to shop. Cabelas was super fun, Wyatt loved it!

Most of you probably don't know that I'm afraid of fish, and you may be surprised since I love the water so much...but I am. I hate it when I get left in the water and I'm waiting for the boat to come back around and pick me up when I fall wake-boarding or water skiing. I sit there and splash around trying to scare the fish off. The worst is when I see a fish jump when I'm skiing and then I fall and I know I'm right by it! AHHHH, it stresses me out! So to come and see these HUGE monsters was probably a bad mistake. It also didn't help that a guy looking at the fishes next to us said to his buddy, "the fish I caught was about that size." Ahhh dang! There really are huge fish like that out there! CRAP!!!!

Look at how huge they are! FREAKY!!!!

Lounging in the kid sized arm chairs.

Checking out the bears! ROARRRRRRRRR!

Man, Cabela's is awesome...we're going to have to come here more often!
We had a super fun time with my mom and sister here. I think I gained 20 lbs though, we ate so much good food and had waaaayyyy too many desserts, it was crazy. PS don't go to Dairy Queen and get their Pumpkin Pie Shake, you'll be addicted...just warning you. :)
2 comments:
looks like you guys had the best time!! i love all the pictures! i want to go to all of those places. haha.
How fun! I love having family visit! Your post made me want to go check out a few places. Oh, and now I'm hoping DQ still has the pumpkin pie shakes! Sounds yummy!
Post a Comment