The Youngs

The Youngs

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Swearing In! He's now an official LAWYER!

April 26, 2013
Ooooooh Happy Day!  It's finally arrived! 
The Swearing In!
 Zach standing and saying "Here".
 They had them all turn to look at their families who helped them get to this point.  It was nice to be appreciated too!
The bailiff pounded the gavel and said "Here ye, here ye..."  It was so cool!  
They all had to raise their right hand and repeat the oath.
 Colter was so good!  He slept the whole time!
 Then Zach got to shake the hands of the Supreme Court Justices.
 He's right below the flag.
 A picture in front of the Kansas Bar Association flag.
 We are so proud of you Zach!
 You've worked so hard and now you've made it!
 Wyatt says he wants to be just like his daddy.  We'll see if he turns out to be a lawyer too.
Next up...
The Surprise Party!
My friend Lauree and I threw a big surprise party for our hubbies to congratulate them on passing the Bar Exam.

I got them a present.  It was a soap "Bar".  Then I asked them to "pass it".  They got the joke after I said that.  HeHe!  
 "This is your brain"
 "This is your brain on the Bar"
And there are candy "Bars" all over the table.
These were all Lauree's cute ideas.
 We had a great turn out, even during finals weeks for the guys.
 Holly, Lauree, and Breanna.
 Dayton, Aubrey, Bryson, Randi, Bauer, Adam, and Teea - we had the party at her house.  She was nice enough to let us have a huge crazy party at her house.  THANKS TEEA!
 Crystalyn, Meredeth, and Shannon.
 Dave, Jason, and Ben (he and Teea's house).
 Adam, Zach, and Jerry.
 Me and Zach.  My excuse I used to get us over there was: That we got invited to dinner.  We pulled up and everyone's cars were all over.  So Zach said "The Rush's got invited too..., and the Macks, and the Brinleys.... We walked in and everyone yelled "Surprise!"  Zach said "What? Why?"  HAHA!  
"Because you passed the Bar and are now a Lawyer!"  He was glad to know the party wasn't just for him, it was for Chris too. :)
 Jordan, Wyatt, and Tanner
 Chris, Lauree, and Breanna.
We had a fun night surprising them.

4 comments:

Jaimi said...

I'll admit, I got a little misty-eyed looking at these pictures.(Shocking, I know.) I am so proud(of all of you)!

Scott and Jenn Leatham said...

CONGRATS ZACH!! So exciting!! I got a little teary eyed reading this too!

Shelly Moon said...

Thanks for posting! So exciting after all the hard work. I loved seeing all the pics!

Kari said...

Yay!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys. Man! You've worked so many hours and sacrificed so much. Such a rewarding day. And, such cute ideas for your little surprise parties. Love the ' pass the bar' haha. Miss you guys!!