August 17, 2013
Zach offered to pick Wyatt up from pre-school since it wasn't too far from his office.
I had felt like I should just go pick him up, but didn't think much of it at the moment. It was nice of Zach to offer.
After quite a long time had passed I started to feel sick and anxious, but figured everything was fine and I was just worrying. And of course I'm hearing police cars and fire trucks nearby.
Finally Zach called and said he'd been in an accident. (Those police cars were for their accident). That they were all ok. Wyatt was pretty shaken up and was crying. He said the EMT was talking to him and checking him over. He was so scared during the accident that he peed his pants. Poor kid! I think I would too!
Zach was driving down Wanamaker (a main road that's very busy). A lady was getting off the freeway and didn't check before she turned left. Zach was going 45 mph and didn't even have a second to stop. He smashed right into the side of her car. Her windshield shattered and glass went all over the front of Zach's truck. I think that scared Wyatt the most. Luckily the lady was driving a Lexus. And she walked away, totally fine. Zach kept talking about how much he was impressed by the Lexus. (Good thing we have one!) She admitted it was her fault.
So the truck was totaled. The work it would take to fix it was more than the truck was worth.
We ended up getting more money out of it that we thought so that was a blessing!
Another blessing is that since we decided we were going to move back to Utah we didn't know how we were going to get the Lexus, truck and moving truck all back to Utah. So when this accident happened both Zach and I high fived and laughed giddily once he got back. YEA!!!!
The Lord really was looking out for us in what we needed!
A blessing in disguise for sure!
This is the 2nd accident Wyatt's been in. I got rear ended, not bad, with Wyatt when he was 2. And it happened just feet from Wanamaker. I tell ya, it's a busy road!
Our good friend Matt offered to let Zach drive his old truck until we moved. It was an entire month!
Who does that!? Nice people like Matt and Marlo that's who. We were so grateful!
We sure miss them!
No comments:
Post a Comment