October 4, 2013
Wyatt's friend Payton has the same Birthday as him. So my friend Teea and I decided to throw a combined party for them. After much thought we decided on a Dinosaur Theme!
We planned out all the details on our walks and while checking out Pinterest.
We stayed up late many MANY nights. Even until the wee hours.
But it was all worth it for this awesome party!
Teea and I had a lot of fun doing this together.
I'd love to be a party planner. It's so fun to go all out...we'll as much as we can on a limited budget.
Here's the spread!
Dessertivor Grub-for those who like to eat dessert.
Dinosaur Eggs
Dino Cupcakes
Fossil Footprint Cookies
I thought up these fossil cookies all on my own...without Pinterest even! WOW, Right!? Haha.
These dinosaur cookies were fun. I had my friend Virginia come over late at night to help teach us how to frost them this special way using meringue powder.
These dinosaur bones were hard.
We used a pretzel then sugar cookies on the ends. Then we baked them. Then we dipped them, and ended up painting them with melted chocolate because it was taking so long. They look cool though right?! This was Teeas idea!
Teea's husband Ben made this amazing guacamole for our Swamp Slime.
Dinosaur Claws
Carbivor Grub-for those who eat carbs.
Herbivore Grub-for those who eat plants.
Here's Paysons sign that Teea made.
And Paysons cake that Teea made.
Happy Birthday Wyatt-the sign Teea made. So cute!
Wyatt's cake that Zach made.
We had the party at the cultural hall at the church.
Look at all those treats!
Carnivore Grub-for those who eat meat.
Dino shaped chicken nuggets.
Saucy Meatballs
Me and Teea.
So proud of all our hard work!
We had coloring pages of dinosaurs for the kids.
They all loved the food, especially all the treats!
Me and Colter bubs! (He's 9 months old).
I think there were about 15 kids at the party. Some kids left early or didn't want to be in the picture.
Wyatt wearing the stripes. I think he's a triceratops.
We had them all growl as loud as they could.
The kids made fossils out of this really salty play dough I made. I had them put dinosaur footprints on the clay and lay the dinosaurs body on it's side. Then we baked them in the oven and gave them to them when they went home. I didn't get a picture of it though, dang. It was pretty cute though.
Then they had to go on a dinosaur hunt and follow the footprints down the hall.
It lead to a bunch of dinosaur eggs!
We had them each get a certain amount of eggs.
It was like an Easter Egg Hunt!
They were filled with dinosaurs.
They had so much fun!
The parents had a good time too chatting it up.
4 Years Old! (Tomorrow) :)
Present time!
He got some good stuff!
The twins (in Wyatt's pre-school) told their mom they needed to get Wyatt the Hulk. He loved it!
Paysons turn!
Congrats boys!
What a fun day!
What good pals!
Jason, Ben, Brian, and Zach
Kristalyn, Me, Teea, and Merideth.
No comments:
Post a Comment