The Youngs

The Youngs

Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Egg Night Hunt

This has been a fun Easter tradition for the past 3 years. We got the idea from my Aunt Barb. We don't get Easter baskets anymore, we get to do the egg hunt for money. We do the hunt at night with flashlights. Each egg has anywhere from a penny to a $10 bill, and some have candy. A few years past we even had movie tickets. It's so much fun. It's a fun tradition we all look forward to.

What's up with my siblings crazy faces. Maybe their just trying to get psyched for the competition seconds ahead. It get's pretty intense.






The group with our stash of eggs and money. Jenn did the best this year she got $30! Nate got the most eggs but the least amount of money. So sad only $8 :(

8 comments:

Suzy Hicks said...

Roseanne, I found your blog through Brittany's. Looks like you are doing well. I wanted to say hi and CONGRATS on the up-coming baby, that's very exciting. Feel free to check out our blog anytime. Hope you are well.

Steph said...

That is such a fun tradition! Might have to copy this one :). I love the photo of Zach throwing the eggs. ha ha.

Melony & Todd Dame said...

How fun, that sounds like so much fun. I was glad to hear that you guys are doing well, minus the sickness. I can't wait to hear what you are having.

Jaimi said...

What a great idea!

Aim Aug said...

The Easter Bunny (aka Grandma)sticks money in the eggs for my kids too. She got sick of me complaining about too much candy on holidays. I love it! You have some serious egg hunting skills!

Forever Young said...

Awesome way for the big kids to play! I haven't hunted to eggs in so long..and to tell you the truth I miss it! Why do only the little kids get to have fun! =)

McGuire's said...

I would have loved to watch this!! hope you weren't feeling too bad as you were running around.

Steph said...

Hey, thanks for coming up for Tom's farewell. It was so great to see you both! Hey, I forgot to get your email address so I could invite you to our blog. Email me at stephie_long@hotmail.com
Thanks