
I thought I'd just share with everyone a little bit of a scary experience that I'm having. At work I got a needle stick in the finger from a patient that is in and out of prison and a drug cocaine addict. The patient has Hepatitis C (it spreads through blood.) So I've been having a lot of blood work done to see if I get it. I'm totally immune to Hepatitis B, I had my vaccine for that one, but there isn't an immunization for Hepatitis C. Hepatitis C doesn't usually show up in the blood for about 3-8 weeks. So I will have more blood work done in 2 more weeks, then 4 more weeks, then 6 months to see if it shows up in my blood. After that if it doesn't show up in my blood then I am good. At this point it's just kind of a waiting game. It's even more scary because if I do get it, there's an 8% chance it could pass to the baby. I've gone 7 years without a needle stick, and of course this had to happen when I'm pregnant and when I'm dealing with a high risk patient's needles. There's a very small chance I could get it, we feel like I'll be OK, but there still is a slight chance. So if you don't mind just keeping me in your prayers. Thanks everyone who has been praying for me already, we really appreciate it.
Oh ya, and my work all knows I'm pregnant now :)
5 comments:
You continue to be in our prayers, Roseanne. We love you!
That is scary, and just plain rotten luck. Your in our prayers
That is freaky scary Roseanne! Holy cow! Man oh Man, we are keeping you in our prayers.
No kidding, what are the odds. I'm sorry, we are also keeping you in our prayers.
that is way scary! we'll pray for ya.
Post a Comment