The Youngs

The Youngs

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Lake Powell


Love the farmers tan, goes well with the hat :)

Zach and I went down to Lake Powell with Zach's family on Monday. We were supposed to stay until Friday and come back for Zach's race but I got super sick and we had to leave on Tuesday, the very next day. I got a cough on Sunday evening but thought it would probably just go away, and I didn't want to miss out on Lake Powell. Each day I got progressively more sick. I mainly just rested and took it easy on the house boat while Zach went skiing and tubbing with the group. I thought I could tough it out and just take it easy and rest so Zach could still enjoy his vacation for the week but then I got a fever of 99.8. I read in my pregnancy book that if you get a fever between 100 and 102 it could be damaging for the baby and you would need to see a physician for the fever. So we decided it was best to leave before my fever got any higher. We drove home and got in around 1 am. I scheduled a Dr's appointment the next morning with my OB. She said both of my entire lungs sounded horrible and she thought I had pneumonia. I had to go to the hospital and get a chest x-ray to see how my lungs looked. Apparently it wasn't pneumonia thank goodness, but I have really bad bronchitis. I'm on an antibiotic now and Zach and I are just taking it easy at home watching King of Queens episodes on DVD. I feel so bad for Zach missing all the fun in Lake Powell. He's been super sweet about it and tells me it's better to be safe for me and the baby. It's just such a bummer it had to happen on our vacation.

5 comments:

Thayerclan said...

oh man that stinks!! sorry you are so sick, that is no fun! Hope you feel better soon :)

Jaimi said...

Oh no!That is horrible! I'm so glad it wasn't pneumonia though and Zach was right,it was better that you were safe. I'm sorry you are feeling so crappy. You're so sweet you probably got sick so I didn't feel so bad about not being able to make it this year.Right? (; Take care of yourself. I'll call and check on you.

Aim Aug said...

Get better girl! You have had the worst luck this pregnancy. Get well! And...what race?

Whitney said...

man, that stinks! hope you feel better soon! and congrats/good luck to zach, the race should be getting over here in the next few hours right?

Lindsey said...

So sorry! I hope you are feeling better. I agree that it is better to play it safe, good call :)