The Youngs

The Youngs

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Vote for the best pie

We had family home evening with our neighbors Dan and Chanel. Zach cooked dinner and came up with the idea for the activity. His idea: pie patrol. We divided into 2 teams, boys against girls and we had to make a pudding pie. We went to Wal-Mart and each team could spend no more than $10 on the pie. We had a time limit, once the pie was set up, for 5 minutes of decorating. We didn't know who to ask to vote on who's was the best so I thought I put it on the blog to see who really won :) So we need your vote to see who wins (we all know it's the girls of course...am I right?)
Zach told me we have to give his friend Jake credit for the pie patrol idea-they played this little game back in high school. :)
This was our idea. A cute flower pie!

What is that? Ya, we had to ask them the same thing. It's a human zoo. The animals are looking at the humans in the cage. Boys, boys, boys.

Zach and Dan amazed at their crazy pie idea.

Me and Chanel, so proud of our flower pie.

10 comments:

Aim Aug said...

Sorry boys. I vote girls. I give them props for their manly creativity, but I actually want to eat the girl's pie--edible and pretty two musts.

Jaimi said...

I'm sure Zach won't let me hear the end of it when I get up there arguing that they were more creative, but yours looks so much more appetizing!
I think Dan looks like Woody.
Love the montage of my girls on the fridge by the way!(;

Thayerclan said...

This ones for the girls!

Bonnie said...

I'd have to say girls! So cute!

McGuire's said...

I'd have to say the girls flower. Looks very appetizing. Very creative zoo though.

Forever Young said...

The girls does look eitable but, I love the creative looks the boys gave. Its orginial=) GO boys!

Lori said...

i am so going to use this idea. Sam says he likes the girls better. Ethan says the boys is bigger so he wants that one. Ryan said he likes the flower one, but that he wants to eat some of the cage one but not all of it. cute idea either way.

Rose said...

Oh Zach, good try! I vote girls.

Whitney said...

sorry zach, but the boy's pie is kinda dumb compared to the girls amazing and creative girls pie. You're right roseanne, girls totally won!

carol said...

What a darn cute idea for FHE. I shared it with Rachel and Travis, they would love something like this. The boys pie looks alittle runny, was it?