The Youngs

The Youngs

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Lake Powell- July 2011

Lake Powell with the Youngs.
We look forward to this trip every year. It's always so so fun! Thanks so much Mom and Dad!
Atticus drove down to Lake Powell with us. Wyatt had some good entertainment in the back :)

Wyatt and I had an hour or 2 to kill while the guys tried to find a spot for the houseboat. So Wyatt and I hung out in the air conditioned car and tried to entertain ourselves. He just started to learn to count. He's 21 months here.

Here's the houseboat. Emma and Brittan (I don't think I got a picture of her) helped out with the kids to much. They were soooooooo wonderful!
Wyatt LOVED to play in the sand and splash in the water. He liked to throw the dirt too, which was a constant battle to deal with. Also, you might notice his blue ear plugs. He has tubes so we couldn't let the lake water get in his ears. Keeping those plugs in was probably the worst battle of all though.
Hailey and I with our boys.
Wyatt and I playing in the dirt.
Jake and Wyatt.
Jaimi and Gracen heading to the alcove to swim...or their heading to call Jeff where there's cell phone service. We missed not having Jeff there.
Zach and Mom (below) setting up the canopy tent.

There's the little alcove where we swam with the little kids.

Hailey (Zach's sister), Jake, Kendrick and Lori.
The group getting set up for toasting marshmallows.
Ty and his lizards.
Lake Powell, beautiful Lake Powell. Oh how I wish I were there right now...if it were summer time though ;)
Keagan, Atticus, and Sam. Showing off their muscles, what boys. I love it :)
So sweet.
Mom and Dad (Zach's parents). We sure do love them...a whole lot.
Dad and Zach taking their stuff out to Mom and Dad's tent. Since their are so many of us in the family now and the houseboat isn't getting any bigger...a lot of the family gives up the houseboat for the younger kids and so they end up sleeping outside in tents. It's WAAAAAAYYYY nice of them. Thanks guys, we really appreciate it.

So I made a little invention. Fudge shortbread cookies with a toasted coconut marshmallow...ohhhhhhh it's good. Dang, I want one now!

We couldn't find sticks so we had to improvise :)
Soooo goooood!
Everyone's eating the delicious invention.
Jaimi (Zach's sister), Gracen, and Summer.
Emma and Amy Jo
Chad (Zach's brother) and Amy Jo.
When we went to bed that night this is what we saw. The poor kid...he barely fits in the pack and play and it's blazing hot there. But it's so cute though :)

Wyatt and I love riding in the boat...he really does. I promise!
Zach water skiing
Me wakeboarding
Zach driving the boat. He's loving it!
I love this picture of Wyatt and Jake. The sun, heat, and water can really wear you out. AND the sound of the boat motor is pretty soothing as well :) I love it :)
What a fun time we had.

3 comments:

Jaimi said...

And I thought you were a girl of your word?. I specifically remember a promise being made that make-up less pictures would not be posted on the blog and to think I allowed you to take my first picture without make-up on...and a picture from behind in a huge stretched out tank-top and cottage-cheese? Cruel. And to think I had a dream just last night where I was telling someone how much I adore you. Hmmm. (;

Sherry said...

Just when I think that maybe it is time to sell the housboat, someone puts a great post on that relives the memories and there are always more good than bad. It is a good thing that it isn't a beauty contest down there....(: By the way, I love your new family pic. Can we have one?

Roseanne said...

You betcha!