The Youngs

The Youngs

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Memories

Zach and a bunch of guys in our neighborhood got together to ride office chairs down the steep roads near our house. I was pretty sure someone would end up in the hospital, but luckily no one did! It was pretty fun to watch and take pictures of. All the people driving by gave them pretty funny looks, we even had some family ride down behind us to watch the action as well. Keep in mind all these guys are married and have kids and are all around 30 yrs old. It felt like we were all back in high school all over again. Boys will be boys right.

The crazy gang

I think they got up to about 35 MPH? That's pretty fast in an office chair.


Seriously...look how dangerous that is!



Love Zach's face here :)

9 comments:

Steph said...

Oh, man! That is hilarious! That would have been so funny to watch!

Aim Aug said...

Trent was so bummed he missed it! But we had already been to the ER that night, and if he had participated, I guarantee we would have had to go back. I love our neighborhood! You're right, it IS just like HS all over again. You guys are keeping me young...sort of.

Unknown said...

That is hilarious. Good thing no one got hurt

Lindsey said...

How funny! No matter how old our husbands get, they will always be mischievous boys at heart.

hailey said...

Goofs! I'm glad they're alive.:) And you're looking so cute might I add.... not huge like you said! I can't wait to have another little boy in the fam. He and Jake are going to be best buds.

Forever Young said...

hahaha!!! you guys know how to have fun! Wish we were closer so we could play too!

kargrs said...

Looks like a blast!

Sandra said...

That is crazy and scary!!! Looks like a fun group of friends!

Jaimi said...

Jeff says, "That's awesome!" I say, "You're lucky no one is dead!" (:Where is your helmet Zach?!

When I taught, my friends and I would chair race after Parent Teacher Conferences. We had a few run-ins with brick walls. I'll admit it was fun, but we didn't have the danger of running into vehicles! You're crazy, Zach!

Jeff thinks he knows one of your friends--what are their names?