The Youngs

The Youngs

Monday, November 30, 2009

911

I usually hate writing long stories because I usually don't read peoples long stories on their blogs. I'm all about the pictures as you've probably all noticed, but I just had to share this freaky experience!
Wednesday afternoon before Thanksgiving I was home with Wyatt nursing him in the bonus room above the garage as I watched TV. Zach was gone, he was working on a 10 page paper at school all day.
So I hear someone knocking on the door downstairs, but I'm busy nursing so I can't get it, and I don't answer the door when Zach's not home because a girl in our neighborhood got drug out of her house from a solicitor last year, she luckily got away. So unless someone tells me they are coming over or calls I just don't answer the door unless Zach's here. A few minutes later whoever is at the door is ringing the doorbell and knocking really hard (I swear I heard them trying to open the door, but I could be wrong.) A few minutes after that I hear a loud ruckus outside, then it's even louder and sounds like someone is trying to break into the house!
I frantically call Zach and say "Someone is breaking into the house!!!" Then I hear footsteps coming upstairs! So I say "Someones coming up the stairs!!!!!!!!" Zach immediately says "Call 911!"
I call 911 and the operator says "What's your address?" I am trying to whisper because I think someone is about to the top of the stairs ready to rape and kill me or shoot me and Wyatt. The operator keeps saying "I can't hear you." I keep saying our address over and over, and she keeps giving me the wrong address back. I am getting a little louder and loader every time and she's still struggling with the address. I said to her "Someone is in my house!!!!" Finally she got it and said "I have officers on their way." She said "tell me what you hear?" Then I would say "I hear them walking around right now!" It was hard for me to tell where the footsteps where coming from. It sounded like the footsteps were downstairs in the kitchen and then I'd think I heard footsteps coming upstairs. I was completely TERRIFIED!!!!! The operator asked "Do you have a gun?" I said "It's under our bed, it's a shot gun and I don't know how to use it." She said "Don't get the gun." I continued to tell her what was going on in the house.
Wyatt was just staring at me because I'd woken him up and I'm sure he could sense my terror. I was freaking out because I thought Wyatt would start crying and I didn't want whoever was in the house to know we were upstairs. I thought, is this going to be the last time I see Wyatt? I hope they don't kill him! I was so nervous I thought I was going to pee my pants!
The 15 minute wait seemed like an eternity until the officers arrived! They searched the outside of the house for a way to get in, but they couldn't find a way in the house. The operator told me I would have to go downstairs and open the door for the officers. I thought I was going to cry! I told her "I'm so scared!!!" She said "You have to do it they can't get in." I asked her what to do with Wyatt. I thought, should I keep him upstairs so he'll live? I was sure I'd get shot or clobbered as I tried to get out to the front door. She said "No, take him with you." I got up and got ready to dash down the hall and down the stairs. I was shaking so hard, I honestly thought I was about to die.
So I took off running with my jello legs down the stairs holding Wyatt in my arms as tight as I could. I tried frantically to get the front door unlocked and I ran out front.
There were neighbors all over the street. The cop had blocked off the road and they and some guys Zach had called to come over were coming around the side of the house. I was so relieved I made it out alive.
Then the cops went inside to check it out. After a bit they came back out and said they searched everywhere and no one was in there. They neighborhood teens said they saw a guy in a red truck with a ladder out front.
I asked to check out the house to see if anything was stolen. Nothing was. As I headed back out, I saw on the door handle a sign that said Digis (our internet company we got rid of a month prior) had come to take our satellite dish. We called and sure enough that was it.
So that ruckus outside was the ladder and then him climbing the ladder against the house and then his footsteps were him walking on the house. I was under a different roof of the house and down a hall so the noises completely sounded like someone was in the house. I felt pretty stupid, but then I thought, that would freak anyone out to wake up from a nap, or get out of the shower and hear foot steps on their roof!
Anyway, I'm glad I didn't die, I'm glad Wyatt is still alive and I still get to see his smiling face. I'm glad when Zach rushed out from school his 10 page paper was still saved, I'm glad I still get to have him in my life, and I'm so grateful for Eric and Trent for rushing over to try to help save me. Thanks guys. It's good to be alive :)

Love this little guy and his sweet little smile :)

14 comments:

Thayerclan said...

that is a freaky story! I'm glad you are alive too :)

Steph said...

Oh, man! That is my biggest nightmare! How scary! I'm glad you're ok. I think I would have had a heart attack!

So weird that you can't comment on my blog. I liked New Moon a lot better than Twilight, too. Better acting, more development of the story and characters, etc. :)

Aim Aug said...

Trent says, "Anytime." And you know we both mean that: ANYTIME! We were so scared for you. We thought someone had broken into our house about two years ago and I couldn't sleep for weeks after, even after I found out it was just little kids that did it. I made Trent change all the locks and put dowls in all the windows and change the garage code. It's a horrible feeling. I'm so glad you and Wyatt are okay.

Unknown said...

Just reading that makes me freak out I'm so glad you are ok. I hope you call the cable company and complain.

Stephanie said...

Scary! It made me sick to my stomach to think of that happening to me. Glad it turned out OK!

hailey said...

Oh my gosh that is so freaky! That made my stomach ill reading the story. I'm glad you are all okay!

Forever Young said...

Okay, I was litterally sick to my stomache with that story. It was so intense as I was reading it. I'm, glad that it wasn't anything serious. I'm always worried about things like that. I guess it shows how brave you are too. I mean you didnt freeze and wait for "the killer" to get you =) If you dont already have one I think I would be looking into a security system just to feel that much safer =) taken care

Leah said...

How scary! Glad it turned out to be nothing life threatening! Crazy guy to be banging like that and trying to get in so bad.

Missy said...

That's really scary; I would've totally freaked! I was so worried to see what happened! I'm glad you two are okay!

McGuire's said...

I would have done the same thing.! I was so anxious as I was reading your story. That must have been so scary!! They should have called before they came over. But i was so happy it was just a internet company. and ps loved your new moon pics and your SWEET delivery movie made me cry... Babies are nothing short of a miracle.

Torrey said...

That is scary. I totally would have done the same thing. It's better to be safe than sorry. I'm glad it all turned out ok.

Jenn said...

That's so freaky!! I'm so glad it all turned out okay!! I would totally call the internet company and complain-- they should have called you!!

Rachel said...

What a great story to tell! I would be freaked out too. I am curious to see how big your baby is as well. Those nursing babies tend to weigh more though. How are your nights? I can't really ever get Mack on a schedule.

Kari said...

AHHHHH!! My stomach is still in knots! Roseanne, you are so brave!