The Youngs

The Youngs

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Labor & Delivery Slide Show

I was a little hesitant to put this on my blog because it's very personal, but it just makes me cry every time I watch it, especially when I see the love in Zachs face and when I see my sweet little baby Wyatt welcome the world. I just wanted to share what a great job my friend Kari did on this slide show. She took all the pictures, she's such an amazing photographer, I HIGHLY recommend her, and she lives here in Cedar Hills too. Her blog address is www.KariHenneferPhotography.blogspot.com (It's on the link on my sidebar as well.) She's the sweetest, nicest girl you'll ever met as well. We were so grateful to have her there for the delivery, she used to work as a labor and delivery nurse, so we felt comfortable having her there with us. I was a little hesitant at first because we just wanted it to be Zach and I for the delivery, but she was so helpful and put us at ease. She was the one who taught us all the pressure relieving techniques that Zach used to help get me through the pain before the epidural and after they had to let it wear off (as you'll see in the slideshow). Wonderful techniques by the way!
Don't worry about having to shield your eyes, nothing you don't want to see shows, all except my fat thigh. :)
Thanks so much Kari! I bawl every time I watch this. You did an amazing job!

11 comments:

Jaimi said...

Choking back the tears myself. How incredible that you have your "little miracle" documented so beautifully! I loved seeing the love in Zach's eyes for you and Wyatt. I can never say enough how grateful I am the two of you found each other!
I remember when I was looking for music for Summer's video and discovered, "Miracle" I could hardly speak when I shared it with Jeff--that song definitely describes how parents feel, doesn't it?
Love you and your sweet little family!

Melony & Todd Dame said...

Yeah, it is a huge tear jerker. What a neat thing to do! I got your announcement today. He is so cute and so lucky to have such awesome parents!

hailey said...

You're not the only one that bawls when you watch this! That was the sweetest video ever... I can't wait to meet him next week!

Brittany said...

That is so awesome! I'm jealous, I wish I had Kenzie's birth documented like that. :) She did a really good job!

Unknown said...

Okay what mom could not tear up when watching that? It totally brings it all back for me. What a beautiful video to have.
I'm a sucker for babies - even if mine yelled at me (at least it seemed like it)for the first 6 weeks of life :) I hope his colic is getting better, cutting out milk did the trick for us. It was like night and day.

Steph said...

I'd never thought about having a photographer in the delivery room, but what priceless photos! I'm quite irritated that you can look so good while you're in labor, actually! And yes, I love see Zach's reaction. Wyatt is such a cutie. Your birth announcements were adorable, too.

Aim Aug said...

Beautiful! Kari did a great job!

Missy said...

Oh my word, this is so awesome. I loved seeing all the pictures; she does do a great job! This will be so great to have. I wish I had something like this. I can't believe how good Wyatt was being for all the pictures. He's such a cute little guy!

Thayerclan said...

loved it! thanks for posting it! so so sweet :)

Shelly Moon said...

Wow, what a precious slide show. That is so neat. You looked so pretty even giving birth! I'm so glad things went well. We just got your baby announcement in the mail, it is adorable! Thanks so much for sending!

Kari said...

Roseanne,
Wow. All I have to say is Thank you! What sweet, sincere words. I appreciate that so much! It was such a pleasure to have been there. I will remember it always. I truly love you three! Thanks for being a part of my life ; )