The Youngs

The Youngs

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Oregon Wedding

We stayed in Oregon for our first night at Zach's brothers house. It was so good to see them and our little niece and nephews, that we miss so much!
The next day we went to the Portland Temple.It was so beautiful! Outside and inside!

We picked Eric (my little brother, the groom) up from the airport in Portland and then we were supposed to drive up to Seaside for the rehearsal dinner. The weekend we were there it SNOWED!!! Which, it hardly ever does! So we had to drive through snow covered mountain passes and were stuck in traffic due to accidents. We were 1 hr late for the dinner...with the groom!!!! It was a crazy mess, but we made it there safely. :)Eric and Jenna at the rehearsal dinner.
The rehearsal dinner was at the The Big Foot restaurant in Seaside...gotta love it! (Jenn, my little sister and me.)
We stayed in Seaside Oregon. Jenna's parents paid for the entire wedding party to stay at the Worldmark Resort. We were super spoiled it was so nice! :) We even had a little balcony that Wyatt loved, he'd wave at everyone and yell "HI!" to the people down below.
Here's Jenn with her fiance Scott. He proposed in Oregon the day before the wedding on the beach...so cute!!! Scott is awesome, we really like him! We are so excited for them!
The wedding was beautiful, the colors were so cute, and my mom did the flowers for it too.
What a good looking couple! We love Jenna! We are so happy she's part of the family, and she makes Eric sooooo happy. They have such a cute story. They meet in Oregon, where they were both in the University of Oregons Masters in Accounting program. Jenna was baptized a few months ago and they plan to get sealed in the Temple in a year. We can't wait!

Wyatt LOVED the bubbles! He was laughing so hard, everyone was gathered around to watch him.

Wyatt made a little friend. (wink wink) They were buddies throughout the wedding weekend. They kept giving each other hugs and she was running her fingers through his hair...it was so cute. They danced the night away ;)
I love this pic!
So sweet, their first dance as husband and wife :)
Ahhh...my cute boys!
This is how Wyatt was most of the time...he'd missed naps and was soooooo tired from all the hoopla from the wedding.
Like father like son!
This is the view out the window from the Red Barn where they got married in Astoria Oregon. It over looked this couple mile long bridge that crosses into Washington. So we decided to drive across it after the wedding.
It was snowing on the other end, so we turned around and headed right back.

The next morning after Eric and Jenna's wedding they had a big breakfast for everyone while they opened their wedding gifts. My siblings: Jenn, Eric, and me. (We're just missing Nate on his mission.)
Oregon was beautiful but FREEZING!
(P.S. As I'm writing this I'm just thinking about how grateful I am that we aren't there in Oregon right now with the Tsunami going on. There were signs everywhere along the road that says Tsunami Tidal Wave Zone and there were instructions in the Seaside Oregon beachfront resort we were staying at that had instructions on the fridge of what to do in a Tsunami. How freaky...AND how terrible to watch all the destruction and deaths going on right now.)

Here we go for another plane ride :)Wyatt loved watching the airplanes.
I flew back to Utah with my family for the week and Zach stayed an extra day with his brother in Portland then flew back to Kansas. So...I had Zach get a guest pass...THE BEST THING EVER!!! so he could help me through security with Wyatt and aaaaalllll Wyatt's stuff. It was a life saver.
Wyatt had a few freak outs in the terminal where he threw himself down on the floor and bruised his forehead...I'm thinking..."Oh great here we go again!"
Our good friend Jess was on the same flight back to Salt Lake City, and he totally saved us with his wedding candy they shared with Wyatt...AND Jess had Wyatt's favorite movie Madagascar II. Wyatt sat in an extra seat between my mom and I, and watched the movie as I fed him his dinner. He was perfect!
Thank goodness for an extra seat!

5 comments:

Kari said...

So So So stinkin cute! I just love you guys!

Lindsey said...

Congrats to Eric and Jenna! Such beautiful pics of the wedding. And congrats to Jenn, so exciting!
That weekend did have some crazy weather, glad you were all safe. Also glad to hear the second plane ride for Wyatt was better than the first :)

Jaimi said...

Fun to put a face to the name--Jenna is a very pretty girl. Congratulations to Jenn and Scott. I heard you got to go dress shopping with her. Awesome! You look beautiful--especially in the picture by yourself on the beach. You'll have to tell us all about the condo at Seaside when we see you next week.(Insert squeal!)Last time we were in Seaside, I believe they were finishing it up. Seaside is a great place!

Bonnie said...

What a fun wedding! I am glad the plane trip wen tbetter the second time, flying with kids is so crazy!

Anonymous said...

Pretty wedding and I'm glad to hear he made it through the flight okay. It's only an hour or two flight to Utah for me but I still haven't flown home because it's a long drive to and from the airport here and then I would be stuck in the airport and on the plane with a baby who would be tired and not in the mood to sit on my lap. I'm probably going in April and I have my fingers crossed.