Then we had more fun times soon after that. We were sitting next to this drunk guy. His son was in a coma and he didn't know if he was dead or alive because his cell phone broke and he didn't know any numbers. Anyway, I could smell his drunk breath from the start of the flight, then he asked for beer after beer after beer the entire flight.
Wyatt had a meltdown during the drunk guys nap. I was trying to calm Wyatt down and then we hear this super loud yell "OOOOOHHHHH THAT NOOOOIIIISSSEE!!!!!!!" Everyone was staring at us. The flight attendants and I gave each other this look like "No Way...Did he really just yell at a 1 1/2 yr old?" They rushed over with a blown up glove and some pretzels in a cup to shake. Nothing they did helped but finally he stopped screaming after a few minutes. I looked at Zach and said "I'm not going to be able to fly home without you, I'm going to have to cancel my trip to Utah and just pay someone for their ticket to come back with you"...I'd been stressing about flying back with Wyatt alone for months. So pretty much our worst fears came true...but we survived, so did the other passengers...and the drunk guy, who really was so nice, apologized for his uproar.
3 comments:
What a punk for yelling at poor Wyatt. His little ears could have been killing him. :( Kenzie's first time flying was when she was 6 months and she had a major blowout on the plane, too. Not fun at all!
I think it's a right of passage for every kid to have a blowout on a plane ride. /: I remember having Summer wrapped in a blanket and diaper only after she had a blowout. I was traveling by myself--I think it was to Disneyland to meet the rest of the family--the flight was only around an hour. You would think I would have been ok...Actually, now that I think of it, I think she was on an antibiotic too. Ha, ha! Anyway, I loved the looks I got as I walked back to my set with her trying to be discrete.(;
How did the plane ride home go?
Oh my heck Roseanne that is funny. I just picture the drunk guys voice sounded like the grinch when he complains about all the "noise, noise, noise, noise". Sorry you had to go through that! Wish we could have been up there to see you while you were there!
Post a Comment