The Youngs

The Youngs

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Fathers Day...and some BIG NEWS!

(You know me and my mass posting...you'll have to click older posts at the bottom about 3 times I think.)

June 16, 2012
This Fathers Day...I couldn't hardly stand the wait.  I had some very exciting news to share with my dear husband and son.

 I gave Zach some normal gifts, I think a shirt and CD.  Then I gave Zach these books.  One is a white elephant book called "Where Willie Went".  It's a little educational kids book that we think is hilarious.  That was my first hint ;)
 Then I had the next gift.  It was 1 big layered gift.  First he pulled out 2 baby outfits for a boy and a girl.  
Then he pulled out this Save the Date page.  Baby #2!!!!!! Feb 8, 2012!!!!!! 
Next - the positive pregnancy tests!!!!!
Zach still seemed to be confused after opening all that.  He kept asking me:  "Are you pregnant?!"
Then I showed him how far along I was and what was going on with the baby at that point on another piece of paper.
I was 6 weeks along!
Zach was all emotional, so was I.  Of course we cried tears of joy.  It was really sweet and a special day for me to tell him.  It killed me though!  I had him open everything that morning.  I couldn't wait any longer!  I found out at 5 weeks and had to wait a little over 1 week to tell him.  It was hard to wait, but very worth it :)  We are so happy!

Oh yes, and these are some other cute things I saw in a magazine that Wyatt and I made for Zach for Fathers Day.
 Little Mushrooms that say "You're a real Fun-gi," "What a Fun-gi you are," and "I'm glad you're a Fun-gi."

 We had a fun time making them together.
I think Zach had a pretty good Fathers Day, one to remember that's for sure! :)

10 comments:

Bonnie said...

Congratulations! What a cute way to tell him, so fun! Also, I love the mushrooms!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations!! That's so great! You're so clever. I don't know that I ever did anything special to tell Ryan. So excited for you guys!

Steph said...

Congratulations, you guys! What fun news!

Megan said...

Congrats Rosie! So do you know boy or girl yet since it's now September! How is law school going? And February babies are the best, I have 2, it's a good time to be pregnant you're never super hot.

Roseanne said...

It's a boy! I agree, I think a February baby will be great! Zach just has the bar the end of Feb. so that month will be a little stressful for us :)

Thayerclan said...

I can't believe you held it in for a week!! Good job Rosa. You are so cute and creative. love you

Shel said...

Congrats!! Zach let Aaron know you were expecting a while ago, but I never took the chance to congratulate you, I am so excited for you guys! Having two boys is so much fun, I know you will love it! We were just saying the other day we wished our families could be closer, we miss you guys! Good luck with the pregnancy!

Lindsey said...

I'm so excited for you and your growing family!! And how fun will another boy be :) Congrats!!!
I am super impressed you kept it a secret, but what a special and fun way to tell Zack!!

Brittany said...

Congratulations! That's so fun that we're due around the same time. :)

hailey said...

I love how happy Zach looks in the picture after you told him.:) We are so happy for you!!!