The Youngs

The Youngs

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Potty Training, Lake, & Saying Goodbye to Friends

July 5, 2012
We started our first day of potty training.  I did the 3 day potty training method.  It worked great!  I didn't think I'd be able to make it through the first 2 days, but he really improved on the 3rd day.  This picture was taken on the 3rd day.  It's actually a cute video but of course blogger wont upload my video...oh well. It's so cute to see Wyatt in big boy underwear now.  He knows now that diapers are just for babies, although he begged me to put them back on him when he needed to go #2 during those 3 days :)
I even had plastic all over the floor so I didn't have to clean up as many messes, this was the day we lifted it off.  Potty training was a lot of work, I'll admit!  But i'm glad I did it.  I sure love not having to deal with diapers!  Soon enough I know with baby #2 on the way : )
July 14, 2012
We went to the free swim day at Lake Shawnee. 
They have a little closed off beach area with lifeguards and water slides.  The water was really warm too.  The only problem was that their were snakes in the water!  They don't have any way of preventing them from getting in.  Zach tried throwing a boulder on it, but the life guards blew their whistle...oh man!  I hate snakes! So we tried to keep our distance from where it was.

We had a fun time enjoying the Kansas heat!

Saying Goodbye to Friends
July 7, 2012
 My friend Sarah and her husband Brandon were painting and packing to get ready for their move to Texas so I offered to watch their boys.  We had a great time!
Payton, Wyatt, and Derick playing with the Play Dough.
 Wyatt's wearing the bucket as a hat, goofy kid!

More friends leaving
July 17, 2012
 My friend Allison was packing while her husband  Jake studied for the Bar, so I offered to watch Annie for them. Wyatt and Annie have had so much fun together.  See the joy in Wyatt's face!  Wyatt really likes Annie, he looks for her in church, and asks what she's doing every time we drive past their house...which is a lot!  They are good pals.
(Check out the straws, they have flavored balls in them so when you suck up the milk it's flavored!  This little trick has helped so much in getting Wyatt to drink milk.  Thanks Allison!)
Wyatt was being so silly for the picture, this was the best I got of them. 
We sure will miss all our friends out here.  It's so sad, but that's what happens when you have tons of student families as friends...They all just move away :(

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness! I don't miss potty training. Not one ounce. Not that most people would. Way to go for getting it done!