The Youngs

The Youngs

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Washburn Law!!!!

We went to visit Washburn University before school started. Zach will be at this school for 3 years. I laughed when I saw this guy...I said " The peanut man is your mascot?!" Some other friends of ours call him "Sir Top em Hat". He's actually called "Ichabod". Intimidating huh :)
This was super cool, they are trees woven into these fort like things, it was by the art building.
Here's the Ichabod statue.
They had some pretty cool things around campus.

8 comments:

hailey said...

Heehee I love the peanut man! You guys weren't exaggerating when you said the house was crappy!! I would have cried for sure if that was the first thing I saw when I got to Kansas.:) I'm glad your apartment is nice. You are seriously awesome Roseanne. I was telling Ken how upbeat and positive you are with such a big move and change of lifestyle. Zach is one lucky man to have you.

Lindsey said...

haha, I thought "the peanut man" when I first saw that pic as well, or the monopoly guy :)
Glad you guys arrived safe and sound. Can't wait to hear more about your new adventure!!

Lindsey said...

Ok, I just read the earlier posts and I can't believe all that has happened since you arrived!!! C-r-a-z-y!
I am so glad that you finally found a place to live, how stressful.
So really this has already been quite the adventure for you guys. What a story :)

Shel said...

Monopoly guy came to my mind too! So funny, what a mascot! We have been thinking about you guys with the big move, moving is always an adventure and your was an adventure and then some! I'm so glad that you had your parents with you, what a big help. Glad that you found a great place with a pool, holy cow it sounds crazy hot! It was fun to hear about good old Kansas, I'm sure you guys will love it!

Unknown said...

Okay several things... seriously that house! Nuts. I'm glad you found a better place. You looked like you were laughing about it. I'm pretty sure I couldn't have handled that. Good for you for keeping a good attitude.
And I LOVE that mascot! He's the coolest. Be proud.
Also, that bike trail is awesome! I've never even heard of that place, but now I want to go so bad.
Oh,and thanks for the tip on the gogurt and FYI Ollie doesn't walk either, and doesn't seem to want to.
Good luck out there! Keep posting about your adventures. I love it.

Paul, Cammie Jo, and Raegan said...

Glad ya'll got there in one piece! Good choice staying in the hotel!! What a crazy couple of days! We totally miss you guys. Paul really misses his talks with Zach over the fence! It always reminded me of Tool Time!! Raegan still asks me where Tuck and Yara are at? We are so sad you guys are gone! But please come visit us when you are back in Utah. Have fun and enjoy this time cause it will be some of the fondest memories!

Whitney said...

There were lots of funny things in your recent posts. I was laughing alot as I read your blog. top 3 funniest things
3. their mascott
2. The uninsels you ate with! is your dad using salad tongs? so funny!
1. your ghetto house! that was so bad roseanne! Josh and I were just laughing so much as we though of you guys driving up and discovering this place!

A. Pearce said...

Ha, ha, ha! We thought the same thing the first time we saw Ichabod! I love the picture!