I went with some friends to the Zoo while all 3 of our husbands went golfing together...they've got to learn to be lawyers right? :)
The Topeka Zoo is pretty small, but I think it's great because it doesn't take the entire day to get through it all. Since it's so small all the animals are pretty close to you, so you can see them all really well.

This monkey was pretty funny. People started gathering in to look at the monkey, so the monkey got up and sat down on the branch overlooking us...like he was at the zoo just watching us through the glass, it was so funny. Wyatt started FREAKING out because he wanted to pet the monkey. He's just like his momma, he wishes he could pet all the animals :)

Me and Wyatt, Stephanie and Jack (Amelia's sleeping), Laurie and Tanner (Riley's sleeping).


You can see the lion sitting on top of his rock in the background. It's so crazy to hear him roar!
There is this cool little rain forest area where most the animals are just walking around. These flamingos were just hanging out. We saw a mini deer walking around, fruit bats in the trees, tons of birds and parrots flying around all over. I thought it was way neat.




We went another day with Zach to see the Zoo. They have a fun little petting farm too.


This baby hippo is so tiny and cute! It was born just a few weeks ago.


This little baby giraffe was born a little while ago. It has to wear casts on it's legs because of a tendon defect...poor little giraffe.
We love going to the Zoo. We go about 1 or 2 times a week. It's a good thing I got year pass.
Here's a little video of the bear climbing down the tree. Zach and I thought it was so cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment