February 1, 2014
Since Colter's Birthday is on Groundhogs day, I decided to do a Groundhog day themed party.
I baked the cake, froze it, then Zach carved it and frosted this beauty!
A nice side view for you.
YEA! My good friend Keesa was so sweet and drove down for it. Not like she drove from Kansas, she moved here! So she made the 2 hr drive. So nice!
Here it is! All that I'd been planning for weeks.
I did the Groundhog Day movie theme, with breakfast foods like in the movie.
"Too early for Flapjacks?" - quote from Groundhog Day
This is the Winter half of the table.
Punxutawney Phil
This is the Spring side of the table.
"These sticky buns are just heaven!" - quote from the movie again.
Baby groundhogs are just chocolate covered cinnamon bears.
Some flower suckers for the kids
I printed these little groundhog day signs and put them all over, we all wore them too.
Winter or Spring, what'll it be!?
The Birthday boy!
He's a little overwhelmed by it all, can you tell?
All the kiddos!
Other side of the tables view.
Blake, Lori, and all the boys came for a bit and left Ryan to party with us.
Hey it's Ryan's honeycrisp apple juice.
He got a duck game from Ryan!
Loves it!
I had been looking for a Groundhog day book, and I found one at Barnes and Noble. It's super cute. So I read it to the kids.
They all really like it too!
Then we did Groundhog shadow puppet shows.
This was a hit!
Now it's Colter and Westons turn!
Toss the groundhog into his hole (basket)
Weston is getting so big!
Then we handed the groundhog around while I played the music from the movie that gets played over and over again, "I got you babe" by Sonny and Cher. I would stop the music and whoever had the groundhog was out.
All the winners got of the games got a groundhog stuffed animal.
I gave everyone a Groundhog nose with teeth. They had to pick a side they thought. Shadow-more winter. No shadow-more spring.
This is the winter group.
The spring group
Colter wouldn't put the nose on for a picture, but he did before I got the camera out, of course.
(Clown noses sprayed black)
Now for the cake and pics!
My mom made this cute little bow tie.
1 year old!
He's a little Punxsutawney Phil man.
Here comes the cake!
Testing it out!
It's pretty good!
Uh Oh! He got his foot in it!
He started to cry. He did NOT like that frosting on his toes!
No cake destruction I guess. :(
He soon forgot all about it and cheered right up.
My friend Lacey from all growing up stopped by at the end with all her kids. It was so fun to see her and catch up!! It had been years!
Colter with Keesas baby Decklan.
Keesa tickled them for a good smile.
Aw, now he'll wear the hat!
Ta Da!
Good buddy's, Maddi, Wyatt, and Raelee.
Me and Keesa, I just love her!
My mom saved the day. She worked so hard with me setting up, taking it down. Making pancakes with my dad. She always saves the day on my events.
The party was a success. We had a huge group that dwindled down to just a few. It was a bummer with all my hard work, but oh well, that's the way things go.
February 2, 2014
The real Birthday!
Present time!
The wrapping paper might just be the best part!
Spiderman sweatshirt!
What a big boy am I!
Off to the other Grandma and Grandpa's house to celebrate for Sunday dinner/Super bowl party.
This is what he does when he's tired. Arm up, turn the head.
Groundhog day, Birthday, Superbowl Sunday! What more could you ask for on your 1st Birthday!
Poke! What a little stinker!
Weston is just fine, he's all smiles, just like normal. Whew!
Present time! Again!
Wrapping paper, the best!
Yum, Yum!
He started turning in circles, it was a new trick he learned and thought was AWESOME!
Whoa, he's still a little unstable!
The lute!
What a great time!
No comments:
Post a Comment