The Youngs

The Youngs

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Chicago-Urbanathalon


October 12-15, 2012
We came back to Chicago for our 2nd time to meet up with our friends Katie and Eric.  Of course the first thing we had to do once we got there was eat at Giordano's.  
Oh so good!

We headed to the Hershey's store.
Now that's a candy bar!
Chocolate YUMMMMMM!

Then we got some chocolate samples at the Chirarhelli.  Even better!

Race day!!!

You can see the back of Zach and Katie.  They started in the younger heat, cause Eric's just so old he had to start later! ;) Just teasing Eric!

Eric soon caught up to them.  He was bookin' it!
I took a few pictures along their route, the harbor looks awesome.
I love the statues in Chicago.

Here them come through the obstacles.



Katie did so good too!

Here comes Zach and Eric through the final stretch.

Sliding over the hood of the cab cars.

Climbing over the bus.
Climbing over the wall and then through the finish line!
YEA ZACH!  Congrats!
Eric and Zach
They did even better this year than last and they had more obstacle courses this year.  Way to go!
Katie came through next.

The guys help the girls climb over.

Here's 2 videos of the race.


Way to go guys!
Eric and Katie.  
Our friend Lindsey just moved to Chicago for her husbands new job.  So she stayed with me and helped film  them while I took pictures.  I was so grateful she was there with me.
So proud of my hubby!
You tough Urbanathaloners!

They had a $13 fee for Paul Mitchell students to cut hair.
Zach was in need of a haircut, so we took advantage of it.
Lindsey decided to get a trim too.
We went to Portillos for the best Chicago hot dogs EVER!
So delish!!!!
Oh how we will miss you Portillos dog!
A gay guy (assuming) finished up cutting Zach's hair.  He made it long in the front, like bangs.  Zach was super trendy, apparently.  We saw a mannequin with the same hair style, so we had to get a pic of it.  HaHa!
We headed downtown to sight see.  I love this old water tower!
There are fountains all over, I love it.

It was super foggy, you couldn't see the top of the buildings.

Does Zach look like a fish?  That's what we were going for.  :)

We met up with our friends Jake and Lindsey too. We spent the rest of the day with them.
The Aquarium was awesome!

There are so many crazy things under the water, it's freaky!




We had a great time!
Gotta get more pizza while we're in Chicago! We tried a new place called Lou Malnati's.  It was good!
I seriously think their pizza's have 1 lb of cheese per slice!
Chicago pizza is just so good!


Nice Eric.
Next we went to the Skydeck at the top of the Sears tower.

We were up so high it was crazy!
Standing on clear glass!  It was so freaky I just couldn't look down!
I'm falling!

Isn't that freaky!
It was an awesome view!
Parking downtown was a bit crazy and expensive, but we found a deal today!  The guys were giving me a hard time for taking so many pictures, so this one was to get on Zach's nerves.  hehehehe ;)
I wanted to go see this famous fountain, but it started to pour when we got there.  So I had to get a picture from the car as we drove by.
We got one last Portillos dog before we left.  Goodbye, we will miss you!
Then we headed back home.
I love this picture of Wyatt with Grandma.
We flew Zach's Mom in to watch Wyatt for us over the weekend.  Wyatt loved spending time with her.  
He had his first soccer practice that she got to take him too.  She told us all about it and of course I cried because we missed his first sporting event EVER!  Plus, I'm hormonal being pregnant and all.  But she said he did great.
Wyatt had so much fun with Grandma.  We appreciated it so much!  
We had such a great time!


No comments: