The Youngs

The Youngs

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas!

I can't believe it, I'm caught up!!!! YAY!!!!!!  
I was close to being a year behind not too long ago!
Sorry, I've posted a million things because I've been on a roll.  So you'll have to click on Older Posts at the bottom a TON of times to see all that I've posted in the last few weeks.  
I've sort of cruised through October-December.
I'm all set for when the new baby comes in a little over a month though! :)

December 24, 2012
Christmas Eve!
 Here I am at 33 weeks.
We had appetizers for dinner as we watched Arthur Christmas. It was really good!
Then we had our own little Christmas Eve with just the 3 of us.  We started some new traditions. 
I read a story about the Pajama Elf, who brings PJ's to little boys and girls who put a candle out on their front porch so he knows where to come. Then we did our other traditions while we waited to see if the elf would come.
 Then Zach read the Nativity in the scriptures, as Wyatt put up each piece of the set as we got to it.
 Zach read "Old Mack"
It was special with just the 3 of us. Not the same, but very special.

Then we headed upstairs to see if the Pajama Elf had come!
 He did!!!!
And he left tickets to ride the polar express (our car) to go see Christmas lights while we ate popcorn. (We'd just had hot chocolate, so we didn't do that on our drive.)
 We drove through the Potwin neighborhood.  It's a really old neighborhood with big homes.  They go ALL out each year.  It's themed too. (We took our families there too, when they were here.)
 We came home, set out stockings, cookies and milk, and since we didn't have any carrots, we set out an apple for the reindeer.  He's so excited can you tell?!
 We took a Christmas Eve family picture by the tree. Then put Wyatt to bed.
THEN...
We heard the reindeer landing!  The bells were jingling!  Wyatt was so excited! But then he got really nervous.  So we had to calm him down and let him know he was just fine.  We told him he had to go to sleep quick so Santa could come leave him presents. ;)  And he did.

December 25, 2012
Christmas Day!
 Wow, look at all that Santa left! He even left him a big elephant!  And snow boots, he'd been wanting!
 Santa ate the cookies, drank the milk and gave the apple to his reindeer!

 Wyatt got an awesome Hot Wheels track that sticks on the wall.  So Zach spent a big part of the day setting it up for him.
 I spent a huge chunk of the day making food.  I love the Egg Casserole Brunch and the Tea Ring that Zach's family always has on Christmas morning.  So that took me quite a bit of time.
It looks nice huh!  It did for a second...until we cut into it and realized it was still doughy in the middle! AHHHHHHH!  It made me so mad! So we took off the top, re-baked it, set the top back on and it was just fine.  But not pretty anymore. :(
 Zach got the race track all done!  It's awesome!
 Zach gave Wyatt a special present, I mean let him borrow it.  Its his old He-Man set!

 With the Castle of Gray Skull!
 Wyatt LOVED it!
Then we all got ready and opened presents.
 We got some great gifts!



 We got to Skype with my family while we opened our gifts from them.  That was so nice!  It kinda felt like we were there, well, just a little.
 Then we got to do a 4 way Skype on Google with Zachs family.
 That was so awesome!  The big picture would rotate depending on who was talking the most.  That was so cool!  We opened our gifts and watched others open their gifts from everyone.
 Look at that CRAZY MESS!!! WOW!
 We had BBQ Ribs, Creamed Potatoes and Peas, and Martinellis.
 Here's Wyatt with his huge stash of presents!
We got a nice new fancy camera.  I can't wait to use it!  So hopefully we can get some good pictures of the baby with it ;)
We had a really nice Christmas and we got a lot of really nice gifts from a lot of people!
Thank you, thank you!!!!

2 comments:

hailey said...

I'm so glad you had a good Christmas with your own little family. It actually looks like that a nice way to do it sometimes. (I still wish you could have been in Ut with us though.:) Way to go on the Tea Ring! It looks super fancy and I could never pull that off.I love that wyatt got to "borrow" the castle! I remember it well.:) And last but not least you look beautiful as always. I love your baby belly and can't believe he's coming so soon. Are you going to have someone come to the hospital and take pictures again??:)

Thayerclan said...

WAy to get caught up on your blog! Looks like you had a fun christmas!! You look so cute - love your prego pics :)