The Youngs

The Youngs

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Rebeccas remodeled home, Getting lost with Stephanie, and Boating

August 14, 2014
Zach, his dad, and his uncle went up to Montana to go fishing and camping.  I headed up with Zach's mom to Idaho Falls to stay a couple days while I waited to go pick up Zach and head up to Spirit Lake for our Family Reunion on my side. So I called up Zach's cousin Rebecca Piper to see if we could stop by and visit.  She has an amazing remodeled home that I'd really wanted to see.  And it was AMAZING!  I love it!  I didn't take pictures so I took these off her blog.  When we went there were trees completely full so it was like a huge canopy of shade.
IMG_1991

IMG_2137

IMG_2239
IMG_2233

IMG_2042
Isn't her house adorable!  Her website is Flourishidaho.com.  It's a good one!  It makes me want to remodel old cute homes! She also has recipes, kids crafts, and decorating tips.  She's super talented.

August 15, 2014
  The next day my childhood friend Stephanie came and picked me up to go boating.  It was only supposed to be a 30 minute drive at most.  But we drove for about 3 hours.  Took a wrong turn, headed onto a dirt road and drove forever.  We got instructions from an old man that we were going the right way.  Apparently there were 2 lakes with similar indian names.  So it make things a bit confusing.  I had no idea the directions, I was just along for the ride. We ended up stopping a cowboy and asking him directions.  We were SOOOOO far off!  We had to head all the way back to where we started.  And by that time we almost ran out of gas, so we had to full up, back where we had started.  We finally got phone service again and Stephanie got the directions.  She realized she'd made a wrong turn when we got distracted talking about the spot her mom got in an accident and her moms mother was killed.  It was ok, we were able to talk and catch up on life.  So it was a good time.  The kids were entertained by watching Loony Toons and watching the cows on the side of the dirt road.  But...
Finally we made it!!  Boating at last!


 Robin (she's like an aunt to me) and Stephanie (we are only 1 day apart).  And Cam, Stephanies boy.
 Ahh, it's so nice to be on the lake.
 This boy was so glad to be out of his car seat!
 But at the end he couldn't stand it anymore,  he'd missed his nap, he was hungry and ready to be in bed for the night.  So he had a major meltdown and made us cut things short.  I felt so bad.  It was stressing everyone out.  He was HYSTERICAL!
 Wyatt had such a good time.  He loved tubbing!

 It was so cute the kids all held hands.
 I didn't realize he was going to go on such a fast ride!  I was nervous.  But not Wyatt!  He laughed and laughed and LOVED every minute of it!
The next day...
August 16, 2014
We headed to go pick up Zach at his Uncle Bobbies house.  This old truck was fun for the boys to sit in.  They are truck boys!


We got lunch with everyone and ate at a park.  Said bye to Zach's parents and aunt and uncle and headed for Spirit Lake!  Yippee!

No comments: