October 3, 2014
Here's the finished product! Zach's sculpted clay head. He painted it, I did just a titch. Then I baked the cakes, froze them, and Zach carved them into the shape. I did all the frosting and decorating. And there you have it!
Wyatt woke up the next morning and was so excited! He kept saying "That's awesome! I love it!"
Colter took a nice 4 hr nap. YEP, 4 hrs! Can you believe it! That's never happened before. That gave me plenty of time to decorate for Wyatt's party.
Hula hoops hanging from the trees.
Another one of Zach's artistic creations.
We ended up not having any time to play pin the flame on the dragon. We'll have to do it another time.
I even got goblets for the kids to drink from.
Wyatt and Colter helped me pick out the dragon pinata from Zuchers party store.
I decorated the playground like a castle.
Some of the kids didn't have any knight costumes to wear. So I was prepared and made these red and blue covers with a little string belt. It had a florida lee symbol on it. So everyone felt festive.
Mom, Lexi, Jenn, Sandra, and Sydney.
Chris, Lauree, Randi, Sherry, and Charlotte.
There were about 30 people at the party.
Lots of presents.
My Kansas friends. Lauree, Randi, and me.
Knight, Knight, Dragon. (Duck, Duck Goose). Wyatt thought of it. What a great idea!
Adam, Chris, and Zach. Good old Kansas law student pals.
I read them a story about these Knights who had a marshmallow war.
The kids loved it. After the story ended I said "Do you want to have a marshmallow fight?!" They were so excited and yelled "YES!!!!!!"
And so the marshmallow fight began. One team had marshmallows the other had shields. Then they switched.
It was quite the war!
The princesses at the party. They were supposed to stay in the castle. The dragon had them trapped, so the knights were supposed to do an obstacle course to save them.
The boys had to put their lance through the hoop (jousting) while riding their trusty steed (horse). Then they picked up the princess, had her ride back with him to safety. They loved it!
There's Wyatt! Off he goes!
He saved his Princess Rilee! (She has a major crush on Wyatt, I'm sure she was stoked.)
Coopland
Grayson
Sergio had some major speed!
Sophia and Sergio kept their distance.
Nixon goes for it. Shoots it right through!
Pinata time. It's time to slay the dragon!
Zach was in charge of the pinata. Colter finally woke up, by the way. :)
Get him Wyatt, get him!
Easton
Bauer
Weston
Colter
Nice swing Colter!
Jack
The Dragon wouldn't break. So we had to break it. We had Chris bust it open, then Zach shook it out.
Candy, Candy, Candy!!!
I had pre made bags of candy so they didn't get jipped.
Cake time!
I used the left over bunt cakes to make fire. I wanted to make sure we used it all up.
And a party cake with dragons on it.
It was delicious!
Kids parents started coming so we had to hurry and do presents. I should have planned more time!!!
He got lots of great gifts!
The parents are all here! The kids all got their bag of candy as a party favor, and the boys got foam swords, the girls got crowns. It was a hit!
Wow, Imaginex Knights Chariots!
Some princesses made friends. Rilee and Sydney. "Hey, you like pink!? Me too!"
Lexi's cute baby.
The kids played a little longer till they had to go. It was a big success! Hooray!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment