August 17, 2014
Sunday up in Spiritl Lake. We ward hopped for a bit. It was a nice day.
We don't swim on Sundays so my parents had us do a nature scavenger hunt. It was really fun!
Showing the list of things we found.
Something soft. I think Kaylee won that one. (Nate's girlfriend...at the time.)
Here's our list. I thought I'd save it in case we did it again.
We went on a little hike while my mom stayed on got dinner ready. When we came back we had a BIG surprise! It was an awesome Luau!
Hawaiian Haystacks! Love them!
Then the next few days involved boating and wake surfing!
I've got the hang of it now! I can carve the wake a little now!
They tease me because of my "O" shaped hands when I wake surf. I guess it's what I do when I focus! Scott puts his tongue in his mouth and pokes it on his left side. Some of us have our silly focus things we do.
Wyatt was such a brave boy and went wake surfing with Daddy!
He was a bit nervous.
But he liked it! What a brave boy!
Now Zach gets to show off his stuff! He's got it down too and carves the wake too!
So much fun in the boat!
Kaylee, Jenn, and Nate.
Grandma and Weston
Nice work!
We found a frog!
Colter thought it was so funny!
He loves the little froggy!
Wyatt is a brave boy and held it.
Nice looking frog!
Look at that fake tan. It works!
He thinks it's the funniest thing ever! Maybe it's just a lot of excitement over the frog.
We love this place. It's heaven on earth!
Playing in the sand is so much fun!
He wants us to hold the frog more. He's so worried about it.
He blends in well.
Canoeing, that lasted a second and the boys were way too wiggly. We didn't want to tip it over.
This was fun for the boys to ride on the paddle board.
Kaylee and Nate canoeing. Jenn's swimming.
He loves these goggles. It's so funny!
They are crouching down like me. Haha.
My mom had these fun bubble blowers. You cut a hole in a plastic bottle wrap cloth around it and soak it in bubble water. They blow and it makes a chain of bubbles.
We brought up an early Birthday present for Wyatt to open. A remote control jet skier. He loved it!
So did little brother!
So Grandpa distracted them with banging on the box and spinning it. Good Grandpa.
Sweet Weston.
Now here's some good entertainment!
Zach took Wyatt out to the lake to give it a try.
It's pretty awesome!!!
Wyatt LOVES it!
It's not the fastest jet skier on the block, but he goes!
Roasting Marshmallows
Roasting marshmallows is so fun, you've just gotta do it, even if your hair smells like smoke after! ;)
Thanks Momma for making this such a fun reunion!
Jenn, Scott, and Weston.
It's hard to see, but there was a baby and mommy moose that came down from the island to eat the lily pads or drink.
My camera can't zoom very far, I need another lens, but we got close enough to scare them away. Dang! It was pretty neat to see! So they must have both swam to the island! I wonder how long they've been on it. It's a really small island! It's probably only 1/2 mile around the perimeter.
Weston did good!
Now it's our turn with Colter! He loved it!
We had so many freezing days, that always seems to happen. We did boat in it. We got poured on a couple times. There was lightening and thunder close by while Jenn and I were trying to ride the paddle board getting pulled behind the boat. It was so funny. I couldn't stop laughing! I was dying just trying to hold on to the rope or Jenns butt to stay on and not tip it. Ah man, good time! So we did have fun even though we had some crummy weather.
We headed into Ceour D' Alene for our tradition of ice cream!
I invited my cousin Gretchen to come along with her family. I always love seeing her!
Kylee and Nate had been out canoeing all day so they were starving!
My mom and dad. You can see the docks in the background.
My dad's mom (my grandma) died while we were up there. I think it was maybe the 21st. It was very unexpected. She fainted in the bathroom and had had leg pain earlier. They took her to the hospital to find she had a blood clot. She was put on blood thinners. Her lungs have always been bad. She has really bad asthma, so her lungs weren't doing as well. And I guess she had some problems with her heart too. Then her kidneys started having problems. It seems like one thing after another kept happening to her. She was starting to have Alzheimer, so she was forgetting things. In the hospital she wasn't making sense some of the time. I guess the nurse said she was agitated so they gave her morphine. But her kidneys couldn't filter well and one thing led to another and she ended up passing away in the night. It was so sad to hear my dad talk to my aunt Barb on the phone early the next morning (I was up with the boys and my dad and Zach were going to go on a long run.). He got off the phone with her and started crying. I hugged him and cried hard too. It was so sad. It was just so shocking! I think it was good for my dad and Zach to go on a long run together and talk. Running is my dads favorite thing, so I'm glad he was able to go. We are sure sad. We love Grandma Reed so much. But we know she's happy in Heaven with all her family and friends.
On a happier note, back to Dockside.
My dad's mom (my grandma) died while we were up there. I think it was maybe the 21st. It was very unexpected. She fainted in the bathroom and had had leg pain earlier. They took her to the hospital to find she had a blood clot. She was put on blood thinners. Her lungs have always been bad. She has really bad asthma, so her lungs weren't doing as well. And I guess she had some problems with her heart too. Then her kidneys started having problems. It seems like one thing after another kept happening to her. She was starting to have Alzheimer, so she was forgetting things. In the hospital she wasn't making sense some of the time. I guess the nurse said she was agitated so they gave her morphine. But her kidneys couldn't filter well and one thing led to another and she ended up passing away in the night. It was so sad to hear my dad talk to my aunt Barb on the phone early the next morning (I was up with the boys and my dad and Zach were going to go on a long run.). He got off the phone with her and started crying. I hugged him and cried hard too. It was so sad. It was just so shocking! I think it was good for my dad and Zach to go on a long run together and talk. Running is my dads favorite thing, so I'm glad he was able to go. We are sure sad. We love Grandma Reed so much. But we know she's happy in Heaven with all her family and friends.
On a happier note, back to Dockside.
Gretchen, Bart, Brooklyn, and Bailey.
And, here it is!!!!
The best ice cream place ever! Wyatt LOVES ice cream so he's in heaven!
Everyone has to take picture of their food, it's a must!
They got this maple bacon ice cream. So good! This was taken just minutes before Weston tried some and threw up all over the place. It kind of ruined it all for them. Dang! :(
I think we got the Butterfinger one this year. You can never really go wrong!
They have this new area out in the foyer. Check out the cool fish tank!
Colt loved it!
Then we had to so our walk along dockside.
Zach ran into an old roommate at an outdoor party we passed, so they talked for awhile. Then we got rained on and had to run back inside.
We all took a bathroom break. I was the last to go in, and the only one in there. Then some lady ran inside and started counting stacks of cash in the bathroom on the baby changing table. It was crazy! It was a lot of cash too! So I told the security guy about it. I wonder what ever happened. It was so strange!
We'll that's the end of our Spirit Lake Reunion! We loved it! Now off to Idaho Falls again for Zach's family reunion on the Long side!
No comments:
Post a Comment