September 6, 2014
I ran the race with my cousin Emily and her 2 friends. It was such a great run down the canyon. Super pretty, fall leaves, downhill, then the last part was up and flat and HOT. It was so hard!!!! But I made it!
My cousin Emily is the one with the pink headband, white shirt. It was so fun running with her!
Here comes Zach!
YEA!!!! His first Full Marathon!!!! WOW!
He was so sick after, he didn't want to hug or talk. It was like he was mad! HAHA!
He laid down on the ground and said "I will never do that again, that was horrible!"
He felt like he was going to puke.
I went and got him some food and drinks, but he didn't want anything. He really was so sick.
Dottera Oils rubbed our legs with Deep Blue. That helped so much!
We saw a chiropractor who massaged and stretched us. Poor Zach had done something to his hip which caused a ton of knee pain. He said he limped parts of the run.
The boys were so good! Uncle Blake and Aunt Lori came. Blake pulled out his back swinging them around. So sad!
Wyatt had fun in the bounce house...
until someone landed on his leg. So sad!
This dog was huge!
Our lovely medals!
I limped around for days. Zach recovered much better. He was much more prepared than I was. I'm so proud of Zach! He did it!!! Check that one off the list! Except that he wants to get in under 4 hrs. He was 4 hrs and 2 min. Dang! I barely made it under 2 hrs. That was my goal, and I got 1 hr 59 seconds! Whew just in the nick of time! We had a fun time doing the race though.
No comments:
Post a Comment