The Youngs

The Youngs

Monday, December 8, 2014

Tis the Season!

November 30, 2014
Tis the season for watching movies and falling asleep.

 Sweet little Colter.
 Nothing sweeter than a sleeping babe!
The next night...
December 1, 2014
 We were all entranced, especially Colter, by the Celtic Woman's Christmas performance on TV.  They are amazing!
 Our sweet little matching pj boys.
 Poor Colter's face.  He fell off the front step at my parents house while he was outside with Grandma.  He bit the inside of his cheeks and tongue, and had canker sores in a lot of spots including right below his front bottom teeth.  He would wake up screaming and pointing to his mouth.  Then he got a cold on top of it all.  That was a bad combo. Dang.
 Oh so sleepy (wink) ;)
 Grandma and Grandpa bought a train set that goes around the tree.  The boys love it!




 Oh how I love Christmastime!
December 2, 2014
I made a cute advent calendar with two of my friends Tricia Richards and Kristy Davidson.  I love Tricia's house and cute style so I asked her to tell me when she's making her next craft so I can make it with her.  So this was her next project and idea.  So Kristy and I lucked out and made it with her.  It was really fun.  But tough.  I'm not crafty.  I want to be, so I'm trying.  Buying the magnetic sheet at Lowes was just too much for me.  No one knew what it was I was talking about.  It took me forever to get help.  Then what I needed at Hobby Lobby was out of stock.  I found a frame at DI (I actually made two frames with two magnetic backs for them) that I spray painted white.  I ended up getting over spray on my in-laws back porch... It just goes on and on!  But I accomplished it!  And the kids love it.
Here's the finished product
 This will be a treasure for our family forever!  I also made a black and white set for a countdown for birthdays or any holiday.  I'm so excited!
So today's advent calendar says to make a Christmas craft.  So we made marshmallow snowmen.






 Nice work.
Poor Colter is sick, as well as the rest of us now.  He was so tired he fell asleep on me for his afternoon nap, then he fell asleep on me again before dinner.  Wyatt wanted to hold him and Colter was out cold, so I passed him over.  He was dead tired!
 He fell asleep on my chest as I was blogging away.  That's about all I've been doing lately.  Trying to catch up from being 1 year behind.
I love that smile!
 Wyatt thought it was pretty funny.
 It was sweet too. I'm so glad they have each other.  They love each other. I love that.
Zach and I went on a date later that day to watch Interstellar.  It was awesome!  We went with Zach's friend Craig the organ player.  It was his 6th time!  There is amazing organ music by Hans Zimmer in the movie.  It was a great movie!
December  5, 2014
Decorating the Christmas tree!



"Rockin' around the Christmas tree!"

No comments: