December 19, 2014
Wyatt wanted me to pull down the scrapbook picture of Zach that Hailey (his sister) did for their parents. Doesn't Wyatt look just like him?! They could be twins!
Later that night...
We went up to Salt Lake City to eat at City Creek when we meet Zach there. (He works close by). Then we met up with our friends Keesa and Trevor to see the lights on temple square. It was so nice of them to invite us with them. We sure love getting together with them.
We saw the fish at City Creek. The boys loved it!
YEA for Temple Square!
We watched a movie in our little CTR 5 Sunday school class about the man they built this statue after. He was a pioneer (obviously). Once he moved here he settled in Alpine. Then he was called to help build the temple. He walked from Alpine to SLC every day to carve the marble of the outside of the temple. Back home his cow kicked his leg and broke it one day, so they had to amputate it. Then he decided he would carve a wooden leg and use it to walk to SLC to keep carving the temple. It's an amazing story! It was neat to see the statue on Temple Square.
Temple square is so beautiful. But...do you remember the days when it was covered in lights? I think every tree in temple square had lights on it. It was so amazing! I remember it when I was little. I wish we'd go back to that, I miss it.
Wyatt, Maddi, and Raelee.
Look at these little rascals! They've grown so much!!!
Seriously, I'm not sure what Keesa feeds her kids, but they really did shoot up! Even Keesa said their pants are floods, so she got the next size up and they quickly grew out of those. The saying is true, they grow like weeds! Wyatt too!
I had to! Trevor gets so bugged with me taking a million pictures. Smile :) HAHA!! Zach has learned to deal with me and my picture taking fetish. Thanks Zach :) He knows it's worth it when he looks back on all the pictures and is grateful.
Trevor: "Ok, lets keep going. No more talking. Where to next." HAHA! I guess we wouldn't get anywhere in temple square if it wasn't for Trevor prodding us along. We just wanted to talk!
Decklan, Raelee and Colter.
"Pioneer children sang as they walked and walked and walked...and walked."
So cute.
We loved the look of these green lights!
So magical looking!
Keesa and I. I just love this girl! We saw each other a couple times a week and now, I think it's been 6 months! Sad! We need to get together more often. I miss those days! We have got to change that!
Beautiful!
It's so beautiful. The floating candles and temple too. It's all just perfect!
Keesa and Trevor and Zach and I were married here. Awww!
It was CRAZY busy!
But oh so amazing.
My handsome man!
We showed the kids the door handle. Worker Bees!
We'll use this in their wedding video. ;)
We watched the Nativity.
Walking back to City Creek.
We passed the display window at Macy's.
It's all made of candy! Can you believe that!?
City Creek is so beautiful!
Looking at the fish one more time.
Now to find the car.
What a fun time we had! The boys instantly crashed in the car on the drive home.







No comments:
Post a Comment