October 11, 2014
So this is a funny story. Zach and I are cheap. We have been trying to save money for quite some time now with law school loans and all. So at Zach's work, at Orange Legal, they tease him because he wants lunch for less than $5. So some of his friends convince him to take me out to eat with a group of them and eat at Ruths Chris. A super super expensive restaurant! His friends go on and on about how much better the food is. They say it's the best steak they will ever have. The catch here is that if Zach can get me to go with him, to this EXPENSIVE restaurant, then his friend would pay for half our meal. Sound good to me!!!!
So we planned a date and went! Craig Jorgenson was the main instigator of this. The one who said he'd pay for half our meal. What a nice guy huh! He's single and he takes ladies out to eat here all the time apparently. Spending $100 on dinner is no big thing.
Wanna know what we thought?
We absolutely LOVED it! It was SO SO good! It was by far the BEST STEAK I have EVER had!
It was all so fancy! I loved it!
The food tasted...AMAZING!!!!!
Lobster and Steak, served on a baking hot plate of butter and a side dish of butter to dip lobster in.
So here's a funny story. So you know how Craig was supposed to pay for half our meal? Well, you guessed it. He didn't!!!! Maybe he just forgot, I'm not sure. That's our luck. :)
But...when I was eating my steak I was trying to look at it to see if it was medium rare. It was hard to see, but it looked a little more well done. The waitress saw me and asked how it was. I told her it was AMAZING, which it was...she kept asking me if anything was wrong. I told her it looked like it was more well done, but it tasted great and I was totally happy with it. So I could see her talking to her manager. Then she came back and told me she was taking the price of the steak off our tab and I could order whatever I wanted on the dessert menu. Awesome! I got this sweet cream and berries. The berries had that black mold stuff on them. It was so dark to tell exactly so I passed it around and we used the flashlight on the camera, and sure enough it looked like mold. So we told the waitress, she apologized and was so good about it, and brought me a new one, even bigger than before. No mold. Anyway. We got a better deal on our bill is what I'm getting at. So that helped a bit.
Lauree and Chris, Me and Zach, Craig and his date-they broke up a day or 2 later. So I guess it's ok I forgot her name.
It was a fun experience!
I can't wait to go again! That's right I said again. I'm hooked!


No comments:
Post a Comment