August 29-30, 2014
We went to St. George for my Grandma Reed's funeral. She's my dad's mother. This is my first Grandparent to die, and I'll admit it's been super hard. Especially since it was so unexpected (I wrote about it in the Spirit Lake post so I wont go over it again.) I had been so emotional. The night prior I broke down and cried. Zach did a good job comforting me. Sometimes it's just what you need though, to cry. When they closed the casket and we said our last goodbyes there wasn't a dry eye. My grandpa said the family prayer. He cried, and it was so hard to see. My grandpa feels helpless. He can't cook, do laundry, bills, etc. And something we didn't realize is that he has Sun Downers so he can't remember things at night. He didn't even know he was talking to my dad, his son. So it's all been so emotional. The funeral was very very nice. It was the saddest, most emotional one I've been to. Although, I haven't been to many. All the grandkids got up in order of oldest to youngest and said some nice memories of why we love Grandma and then we placed a rose in a vase. We all just cried and cried and cried. I had the worst crying headache I've ever had. We sure love you Grandma! You will be so missed!
My poor grandpa.
Aunt Barb, Aunt Carol, Grandpa, My Dad, Aunt Linda.
Zach always says it's so strange that people smile by the casket. It is, but we are documenting it, and we don't want to be crying in all the pictures. We are happy for her. She's with our Heavenly Father, she's in a better place, her time on earth is done. But we miss her dearly.
My mom made this. It's Grandmas colors that's for sure. Purples and pinks.
Pretty LaFay
It makes me so grateful for the Relief Society, the put together wonderful dinners for all of us who attend the funeral. It was delicious food. I thanked them over and over again. They do this all the time living in an older folks ward. Such a blessing.
My cousin Rachels daughter and Wyatt were little buddies. They have the same birthday!
All of the cousins were able to make it except for my brother Eric and my cousin Sarah. It was so nice to see everyone again, wish it wasn't under these circumstances though. It helps us grow closer together though.
We stayed the night with our friends Aubrey and Dayton in Hurricane, just outside of St. George.
Aubrey and me with our kids
It was their carnival days and Dayton had a booth there. We didn't see him much but it was fine. We went to the parade the next morning. The boys loved it. Wyatt got tons of candy! Lots of horses and tractors. It's Hurricane we're talking about it! We loved seeing our good friends from Kansas again.
The next day we stopped by her grave sight to see what it looked like. Someone had placed a flower. So sweet.
Then we had a cousin swimming party at a super nice house my cousins rented out. It was AMAZING! I'm sure it was expensive! We're so lucky they invited us! I can't believe it's just right next to my grandparents condo and the church. Who knew this gem and all this land was right there!
You can see the part that has a little window next to the pool, that's the hot tub. It has a clear glass above it so you can see people swimming in the pool up above. Zach put his face on it and made Colter laugh down below in the hot tub. It was hilarious! It was so neat!
This is right above the hot tub. It's the kiddie pool. Nice and shallow.
Isn't his place neat. It was huge inside. Very nice stuff!!!!
All this land out back. Amazing! The neighbor next door shares the property. Apparently the two owners are in some big scandal and are in prison currently. So we get to benefit from their nice property! There's a batting cage, basketball court, trampoline, volleyball court, gardens, ponds for paddle boating, and a cute bridge over it, playgrounds, and an amazing cottage like tree house. It looks like it's from Disneyland! All I can say is WOW!
Isn't this beautiful!
The water on this end is super deep so it's safe for jumping off the edge. That's the purpose.
The slide was super fun!
Jumping off with my cousins was so fun.
Cousins playing volleyball.
Second cousins jumping on the trampoline.
The kids had a blast. Wyatt was so sad when we told him we had to leave. He could live there...so could I!

No comments:
Post a Comment