The Youngs

The Youngs

Monday, December 8, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

November 27, 2014
I started the morning off early by going to a 2 hr spinning class at the gym.  I'm loving spinning right now.  I love the music, trying to pedal to the beat, getting drenched in sweat...I just love it all! 
I had to get there early to get a bike.  So I got there at 6:20 am.  Worked out before the class started at 7 am.  Then the class finished and I was done stretching and chatting by 9:20 am.  3 hours at the gym! Whoa, that's a record for me.  I'm going to enjoy every bite of my Thanksgiving dinner and pie!
 Grandma helped the kids make these cute turkey hats.
 The kids are ready for their 1st annual 1K Turkey Trot!

 And we're off!  Down the street around the church and back!
 Summer got first, Jake got second, and here we come...!!!
 Wyatt got 3rd and Colt got 4th-in the stroller of course.
 Nice job!!!!
 It was so fun for all of us to run through the tape.
 Emmie's coming!  So the kids all ran back to help Emmie run in.

 Everyone did a great job!  Thanks Jake for such a good idea!
 Very nice Colter!  He didn't want that hat off his head.  Don't you touch it!
 We had to wait to eat dinner at 5pm when Jeff's plane came in and he was here.
 The kids made these cute cornucopias for the table. 

 Black Friday browsing before dinner.
 The kids table.
 Delicious dinner!
 And I think my ears are still ringing from when Zach's dad whistled 3 times for everyone to eat.  It was right in front of my head!  I'm just trying to take a nice picture of the meal!  Come on! ;)

 Ahh, a nice Thanksgiving Dinner at last!
 The teenage table.
 It was so nice to have almost everyone here!  Nate and Ann's family couldn't make it.
 I'm getting sick of my bangs, so I've been trying to do different braided hairstyles.  I went to a class at a Pinners Conference and this girl showed us how to do the waterfall braid.  I'm giving it a whirl.

 Happy Thanksgiving honey!
 We played this phone game called Heads Up.  It's so fun!

Ah yes, DESSERT!!!!  Haileys was by far the best.  She made this layered cheesecake and pumpkin dessert that was amazing.  It was on a graham cracker crust.  Oh my was it good!  And she started making it at 10, so she was up till 2am making it.  She'd rest on the couch, set her alarm and continue.  What sacrifice!  Thanks Hailey! ;)

No comments: